View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Why are dealers always knocking over stacks of chips?

I never thought of that, and that's a perfectly good explanation.

One thing though... a number of times I am seeing them do this after the hand is over. For instance, there are two players in the pot. One player raises, say, 3 stacks of his chips... maybe 5 inches in front of him. There the chips stay, stacked, waiting for the other player to fold, call, or raise. The other player ends up folding... boom, hand is done. Now, this is where I am confused. The player has his own chips just a few inches in front of him that he bet with... and he could simply just slide them back... but oh wait, here comes Mr Dealer with the pot... SWOOOOSH... there goes all the neatly stacked chips, tumbling over. WTF? haha.

The weird part about it is, I have never noticed once the player looking up at the dealer with a "what the heck did you do that for?" look on their face.

Maybe it was because they're happy the won the pot and just don't care?

I don't know. I realize how incredibly inane this post is. Just one of those things I've always wondered but would be too embarassed to ask someone in person. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit: Now that I think about it, there was a hand like this that Luske was in, and the dealer seemingly just knocked his stack over for no apparent reason after the hand was over... and Luske gave him a weird look and quipped something to the dealer.