View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Follow-up

Thanks for the response uudevil,

The most recent post I noticed that confused me (and from which I took my example) was Nightwish's TT post in the Mid-Limit forum.
" Preflop : Nightwish is UTG+1 with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Nightwish raises, 2 folds, MP3 (TAG) calls, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB (Loosie) calls, UTG calls.

Flop Turn : (12 SB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)
SB checks, Loosie bets, UTG folds, Nightwish raises, TAG 3-bets, CO folds, SB folds, Loosie calls, Nightwish caps, TAG calls, Loosie calls.

Turn : (12 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
Loosie checks, Nightwish bets, TAG raises, Loosie folds "

Analysts's second response in that post is this:
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He has AK or AQ clubs.

Fold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AK is unlikely as TAG would 3-bet PF, but even if he showed you these cards, you'd have to call.

2/42 * 450 = $21.43 for the two T outs (and you'd probably win another 1-2 bets on the rivers)

3/42 * 225 = $16.07 for the non-club 4s

Gotta call.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm still a little confused by the 2/42 when there are 44 remaining possible cards to come on the river.

Thanks!