View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Re: 60-120 hand Th3h

I still don't know what he wants to hit on the river against three opponents, the only safe card is a ten. Unless he is behind. Then he is not sure if he wants to hit a three, four, or heart. Obviously, he gains a lot if information about the strenth of the other players hands when he raises the turn, but I don't think that info is worth two big bets against that many opponents. After Mike's raise he is down to two opponents, is he ahead or behind? What card does he want to see now? I would call the turn with his hand. This pot is big, better hands will not fold unless they are real weak tight and hold 10- 9,j,q,k.

I guess I think the play is okay if you think you have the best hand and am trying to protect it by making your hand look bigger than is is. But, I think it is a bad play to pop it because the heart comes. If the 7 of spades hits the turn, would you still raise? If yes, then I like your play more. If no, then I don't like your play. Seven people before the flop means a lot of cards, combinations are out there.