View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Critique of numbers for first 100 $20 + 2 SNG\'s at Party

I think nearly everyone uses 'feel' to some extent. I don't have an exact system for when I raise and when I call or fold.

When shorthanded, I usually base my moves on how I feel people at the table percieve me.

Since I'm tight early, it takes a bunch of steals before most people stop giving me credit for great hands. If I've raised the last two hands, and gotten no calls, I'll often fold medium hands. If I've been playing very tightly, I may attempt a steal with a poor hand.

I'm by no means an expert though. Just letting you know what works for me.

As for B&M winning hands being weaker, I think you are right to some extent. People play more hands live than online in general. There are many more flops live and many people limping A7o and J3s etc.

I think since there are often weak hands seeing the flop, these hands are less likely than the hands played by online players to hit trips, straights, flushes and boats.

Since you see more showdowns live than online by far, a larger percentage of these are won by pairs... Not a larger percentage of total hands played though.

I hope that made sense. And I also wanna make sure it doesn't come off as fact. Just me trying to logic my way through it at 5 am.

-Jman28