View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Choosing/playing hands preflop to a min raise

Do other players fold to his min-raises? Do they re-raise? How many usually see the flop when he min-raises?

Also, when he is raised preflop, how often does he come over the top? With what range of hands?

I ask these because I think re-raising is the best option.

If he will come back over with a certain range of hands, you will better define his hand, using a few chips to gain lots of info. It also sounds like you have position on him, so you can slow him down when he's got big hands (if he doesn't come back over you preflop), and can use position for all its worth.

I also like thinning the field with most of the hands you mentioned. I think i would play the AJ with a raise, and muck the KQ without hesitation. At least with the AJ, you can be a little aggressive with a top pair flop and position.

I'd muck pairs under 88, because i dont want to draw against this guy, (you said he plays well postflop, which means i'm not likely to get paid off) and pairs under 88 are drawing hands (unless the raiser is easily moved off a hand).

Its player dependent (as always) but I think you should pump it or dump it, to see where you're at, and take control of mr. Minraise.