Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   To moderators and/or forum vets (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=96271)

Jurollo 06-22-2004 12:44 AM

To moderators and/or forum vets

Hey guys. I have been around this site for a while and have been a dedicated viewer/poster for about 2 months. I seem to constantly run into spam and posts that pertain to nothing in their given topic and/or just plain rude posts. I was curious how if there is any way I could get moderator privledges as I am trolling the forum many hours a day and could clean this spam up in short order everyday. Who would I contact about this perhaps and also what email would that be? Thanks everyone, just trying to rid the world of this useless spam we are subjected to here.

Thythe 06-22-2004 12:54 AM

Re: To moderators and/or forum vets

It's a nice gesture, but they don't just hand out moderator tags like peanuts in a peanut factory. There's a lot of other people who would do the same thing. That being said, they should give a regular zoo member with 2K plus posts moderator privileges to get rid of some of the crap posted.

LondonBroil 06-22-2004 01:00 AM

Remember, power corrupts.....*evil laugh*

Seriously, they should really appoint a few people to do this. It would only take maybe 1 poster per forum.

Oski 06-22-2004 01:00 AM

Great Idea! Let's bring back New Coke!

Jurollo 06-22-2004 01:01 AM

wait, there isnt like a moderator boot camp or anything I could to? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Vehn 06-22-2004 01:14 AM

who the eff are you

jasonHoldEm 06-22-2004 01:17 AM

Your post is well intentioned, but it's not going to happen. This comes up every few months and eventually Mason shows up and says that Mat does a fine job (which he does) and there's no reason for it (and there isn't).

There is a fine line between opressive censorship and a "moderated forum." 2+2 has done a very good job of balancing on that high wire. If they gave moderator privledges to additional posters (even with the best of intentions) the forums would go to hell very quickly.

J

EDIT: This is exactly why RGP-M failed.

Jurollo 06-22-2004 01:22 AM

I wasn't bashing the job the current moderator(s) do at all i think it just might be pertinent for someone else to be appointed with some authority because of the popularity and shear size of the forum.

PITTM 06-22-2004 02:40 AM

worst idea ever...

the forum is well moderated, all spam posts are responded to by a billion anti spam posts, which generally discourages a return by the spammer. Plus, giving the people who have lots of posts moderator privledges would turn into the most favoritism and elitism ever. It would be really funny seeing a poker board turn into inside jokes and gossip and nothing about poker ever, which has been quite the trend lately.

rj

Patrick del Poker Grande 06-22-2004 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they should give a regular zoo member with 2K plus posts moderator privileges to get rid of some of the crap posted.

[/ QUOTE ]
The most egregious spreaders of such crap are the post whores - who generally have more than 2k posts.

You are not your post count.