Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Creepiest Moment In WPT History....... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=92970)

Bubbagump 06-09-2004 11:04 PM

Creepiest Moment In WPT History.......

Phil Gordon putting the back of his hand on Scott Wilson's neck during a hand. What the hell was that?!!!!!!!!!

If it were me, I'd be more than a little creeped out.

Bubbagump

MCS 06-09-2004 11:57 PM

Re: Creepiest Moment In WPT History.......

Phil was checking Scott's pulse. It was just a joke. I thought it was pretty funny.

Phil Laak checked Joe Cassidy's pulse last week, except that at the time Phil Laak did it, he still had a decision to make. So it was arguably unethical in that case. Man, that guy is a jackass.

Tyler Durden 06-10-2004 12:50 AM

I knew what he was doing but it weirded me out also. I don't think Phil Gordon is funny. I think he's a dork. You can take that to the bank and cash it.

jasonHoldEm 06-10-2004 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he's a dork.

[/ QUOTE ]

His humor is very "geeky" but I think he's great with his props and stuff (binoculars, the random "poker hand value" chart last year, etc).

I'm easily amused.

J

brassnuts 06-10-2004 03:39 AM

The creepiest Phil Gordon moment took place during a Celebrity Poker Showdown episode on Bravo. I'm not sure how many people even watch that crap, or if they saw this one, but this is how it went.
Nichole Sullivan (from Mad TV) was faced with a semi-tough decision and called out, "Phiiiil," like she needed his pro opinion on what to do. Well, Gordon, backstage, with his strange smile said, "I love hearing her call my name like that." He then continued to chuckle on at his joke with his even more strange kind of forced-like laugh he has. I just found the whole thing quite disturbing.

Patrick del Poker Grande 06-10-2004 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The creepiest Phil Gordon moment took place during a Celebrity Poker Showdown episode on Bravo. I'm not sure how many people even watch that crap, or if they saw this one, but this is how it went.
Nichole Sullivan (from Mad TV) was faced with a semi-tough decision and called out, "Phiiiil," like she needed his pro opinion on what to do. Well, Gordon, backstage, with his strange smile said, "I love hearing her call my name like that." He then continued to chuckle on at his joke with his even more strange kind of forced-like laugh he has. I just found the whole thing quite disturbing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you on this one. The worst part was that he just kept laughing about it and then staring off in her direction. This one's #1, the pulse-check from WPT's Shooting Stars #2.

nolanfan34 06-10-2004 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Laak checked Joe Cassidy's pulse last week, except that at the time Phil Laak did it, he still had a decision to make. So it was arguably unethical in that case. Man, that guy is a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone did that to me while I was still in a hand, I'd have no problem going Nolan vs. Ventura on their ass, TV be damned. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kurn, son of Mogh 06-10-2004 02:27 PM

I'd have no problem going Nolan vs. Ventura on their ass,

What? You'd try to drill him? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

nolanfan34 06-10-2004 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What? You'd try to drill him? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I use an official AL baseball as my card capper after all... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

drewjustdrew 06-10-2004 06:23 PM

I think he means use Phil as a speedbag. That was my nickname for Ventura ever since that fight.