Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Call me Fishy--My first Pstars $11 rebuy in action (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=91020)

Jason Strasser 06-03-2004 12:09 AM

Call me Fishy--My first Pstars $11 rebuy in action

So everyone keeps talking about this rebuy tourny. Today I finally decided to play in one.

After getting to 10k at the first break I felt fine. I busted a short stack and moved to 14k, and then this hand came up.

I was dealt 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the CO. It was folded to me, so I decided to raise and take the blinds. My table had been fairly tight, so I figured I'd win the blinds more often than not. With blinds 100/200, and an ante of 25, I raised to 800. The BB min raised me back.

I decide to take the flop, knowing that:
1) he priced me in
2) I have good implied odds if I hit

Flop: J95, two diamonds. He bets slightly less than the pot.

I decide that at this point I am behind, but again, I had been priced in. He didn't make a huge bet, and we had equal stacks so I had a lot of implied odds.

Turn came the offsuit 7. This time, he bet large, overbetting the pot. I pushed, he thought, and called with KK.

River was a blank, now I'm at 27k. Fishy? Probably. I'm ready to blow the rest of it with more fishy plays. I really like the way the tourny's are run here, much better than party.

fnurt 06-03-2004 12:29 AM

Re: Call me Fishy--My first Pstars $11 rebuy in action

You fish. Where did all those chips go?

nolanfan34 06-03-2004 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You fish. Where did all those chips go?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to ask the same thing. I went to sweat, and you were in the top 30, then now ??

And that was an extremely fishy example. I think you're molding your logic on the hand based on the results, you had plenty of chips, and should have mucked that to the min re-raise. People talk all the time in these forums how that almost always seems to be Kings or Aces. He may be pricing you in, but I want something better than that to call with.

Punker 06-03-2004 12:35 AM

I just watched him move in with KT and get called by KK. Happens I guess.

Jason Strasser 06-03-2004 09:24 AM

Hahaha.

I got caught in a bad situation. I'm a fish I can't help it.

This one guy had my number. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

alieneyes 06-03-2004 09:39 AM

A little fishy on the flop - you say he priced you in but you are only getting 2:1 on the flop for maybe 5 outs (and the 7 of diamonds doesn't exactly thrill you) plus the nearly irrelevant runner runner straight possibilities.

Jason Strasser 06-03-2004 10:25 AM

I agree, borderline fishy. I really placed him on an overpair at that point, and figured I had the implied odds to chase--which I think I did. At worst, slightly negative EV.

nolanfan34 06-03-2004 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This one guy had my number. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, no kidding. Maybe I'm bad luck, but right after I started watching your table you ran into KK and then AA if I remember correctly against that same guy. Yikes!

Jason Strasser 06-03-2004 11:30 AM

Yeah--but thanks for watching, I appreciated your brief appearance. I usually have a little better showing from that.

I think the antes threw my perception off a bit. Since the table was fairly tight, and the blinds/antes made up a good chunk of my stack, I felt like it was right to challenge for them whenever I could. Maybe it made me too agressive. But it seems to me antes put a premium on blind stealing.

Certainly something I have to work out. But thanks for watching [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. I'll try to do better next time.

nolanfan34 06-03-2004 11:40 AM

If I remember the KT vs. KK hand correctly, you were in fairly early position, and I don't think that was a strong enough of a hand to go all-in with. I don't think you were at a critical stage quite yet relative to the blinds, and probably could have waited for a better hand.