Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Who folds this TPTK? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=87329)

kem 05-19-2004 09:32 PM

Who folds this TPTK?

Pretty standard until I'm raised on the turn. At that point I'm thinking I'm up against a straight or a flush. Who folds this, and who pays the 2 bets to call the turn raise and the probable river bet... ?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (12 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As Ks (one pair, kings).
UTG shows Ad Th (straight, ace high).
Outcome: UTG wins 12 BB. </font>

Dieter01 05-19-2004 09:36 PM

Re: Who folds this TPTK?

With both a possible straight and a flush out there I would probably lay it down. A turn or river raise always means something at 0.5/1... Althoguh there is a faint chance he has the ace of diamonds and that he is semi-bluffing. But I would still probably lay it down

Interested to hear what others think though... Especially, what if there was only a flush draw out there but no straight. Call it down in that case?

kem 05-19-2004 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With both a possible straight and a flush out there I would probably lay it down. A turn or river raise always means something at 0.5/1... Althoguh there is a faint chance he has the ace of diamonds and that he is semi-bluffing. But I would still probably lay it down

Interested to hear what others think though... Especially, what if there was only a flush draw out there but no straight. Call it down in that case?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I was thinking about it was that I was going to have to pay another 2BB to win a total pot of 12BB if my hand is good. If he has the flush, I'm drawing dead. If he has a T9 straight, I need one of the 3T's left to win. If he has AT, I need one of the three T's to split. There's also the possiblity that he has TP weak kicker.. so I had to determine if I thought there was a &gt; 16% chance I can win this.. I called and lost, but maybe if I had a better read on the guy I would have folded.

Dieter01 05-19-2004 09:55 PM

Well, you raised it pre-flop. So he knows you have a good hand. And with that board, the very least he can put you on is a pair of jacks, but more likely a pair of kings or better. So without a straight or flush he is most likely behind. With a different board he might think you have been betting overcards, but in this case I would be pretty certain the raise means something.

Trix 05-19-2004 10:31 PM

You should bet the flop. Check-raising the flop is more a multiway thing.