Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Antonio's bad attitude (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=82933)

brassnuts 04-29-2004 01:11 AM

Antonio\'s bad attitude

I liked the way he played but IMO he seemed a bit too snobbish for my taste. A few times during the course of the final table he smugly turned his head away from Bill Gazes and gave looks to the other players that communicated something to the effect of "This guy's an idiot."
He also seemed like a poor winner, ie not congradulating the oppenents he just defeated.
Eh... I'm probably just reading too far into this like I do a lot of things. Maybe I should start a website for everything I read too far into.

SaintAces 04-29-2004 01:14 AM

notice how every raise was to 69,000

classic [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Army Eye 04-29-2004 02:34 AM

Re: Antonio\'s bad attitude

I agree, he had an attitude, but Gazes was being pretty annoying. Might've been more of the sames on untelevised hands too, I don't know.

Stagemusic 04-29-2004 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
liked the way he played but IMO he seemed a bit too snobbish for my taste. A few times during the course of the final table he smugly turned his head away from Bill Gazes and gave looks to the other players that communicated something to the effect of "This guy's an idiot."
He also seemed like a poor winner, ie not congradulating the oppenents he just defeated.
Eh... I'm probably just reading too far into this like I do a lot of things. Maybe I should start a website for everything I read too far into.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Antonio is brash and exuberant. However, I think this is great for the game. He actually showed a lot of class on the thrashing he took early when nothing he held stood up for a number of hands. He just kept on coming. Vinny Vinh was another player that I enjoyed. He was still talking smack when he was literally drawing almost dead right at the end.

I think that the last thing the WPT needs this season is 6 battle scarred veterans sitting around a table putting slick moves on each other. A more exciting and "common man" approach is going to do far more for the show and the game. The show last night might have been the most fun to watch yet. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Kurn, son of Mogh 04-29-2004 10:22 AM

The show last night might have been the most fun to watch yet.

I agree. However, these were all veteren players, even the "amateur" for whom lat night's tournament was the 3rd WPT event in which he finished in the money.

Richie Rich 04-29-2004 12:50 PM

Re: notice how every raise was to 69,000

n/m

Richie Rich 04-29-2004 12:52 PM

I don't think the kid plays with any class. And that "poker wave" has got to go... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

wm r the rake 04-29-2004 01:09 PM

i agree that wave is very annoying!!! I know that we couldn't see all the action that was going on but come on...calling time on someone...how immature is that

Richie Rich 04-29-2004 01:23 PM

Apparantly that's his "trademark"...when he knocked Helmuth out of a final table in a SF Tournament, last year, he did the same annoying gesture. Helmuth mumbled to him, "Be a gentleman about it and shake my hand." Or something close to that...

toots 04-29-2004 01:26 PM

He called time on someone who was grandstanding forever, calling a raise, then putting on a 15-minute tap dance before mentioning how much the raise was going to be.

Yeah, I agree that Antonio was pretty hard to take, but that guy who tried for an oscar on every hand was even more annoying.