Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   O/T Poll: What Did You Get Her for Valentine's Day? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=67515)

kdog 02-14-2004 02:31 PM

O/T Poll: What Did You Get Her for Valentine\'s Day?

Just because I'm nosy.

LetsRock 02-17-2004 11:41 AM

Re: O/T Poll: What Did You Get Her for Valentine\'s Day?

When I started playing on-line, my wife joked about how she expected some nice "shiny" stuff with all my poker winnings.

She got her first "official poker-earned, shiny stuff" Sat. Nothing big, but she chuckled with embarrasment when I told her what it represented. She says: "I really didn't mean that you know", but "shiny stuff is always good." [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

scotnt73 02-17-2004 12:46 PM

My wife usually likes flowers delivered to her work so everyone can see. This year since it was on Saturday and she is off on Fridays i asked her if shed rather goto a really high dollar steak restaurant on Saturday and she said absolutely. So we did that and then went and saw Adam Sandlers new movie which was very good. Then we went home and....

namknils 02-17-2004 12:54 PM

I went shopping all day long with my wife on V-Day, then we went to a nice dinner. Also, I promised her no poker/poker talk.

-nam

Homer 02-17-2004 01:02 PM

I was in AC for Valentine's Day because all it is is a BS Hallmark holiday. I'd rather get my girlfriend flowers and take her out to dinner at random times than when someone tells me I'm supposed to. Luckily, my girlfriend agrees with this philosophy.

-- Homer

scotnt73 02-17-2004 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in AC for Valentine's Day because all it is is a BS Hallmark holiday. I'd rather get my girlfriend flowers and take her out to dinner at random times than when someone tells me I'm supposed to. Luckily, my girlfriend agrees with this philosophy.

-- Homer

[/ QUOTE ]

sure its a made up holiday to make money. but my wife also gets pleasure out of it. To me ALL holidays are just ways to enjoy my family anyway so i dont mind if the govt makes money. just fyi-Jesus really wasnt born on Christmas and i dont remember the story in the bible where a rabbit chases Lucipher away with eggs. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

RollaJ 02-17-2004 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, she doesn't [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Homer 02-17-2004 01:25 PM

To me ALL holidays are just ways to enjoy my family anyway so i dont mind if the govt makes money.

I understand this and I don't mind if the gov't or whoever makes money. But I don't like doing something solely because I'm supposed to. On Valentine's Day you're supposed to make the one(s) you love feel special, but I'd like to think I do that every day. I don't need to be told that I must buy flowers, go out to dinner, and so on, on a specific day of the year. It's supposed to be a romantic day, but how can it be romantic when you are only doing it because society says you are supposed to. I'd much rather do something romantic when I have the urge.

just fyi-Jesus really wasnt born on Christmas and i dont remember the story in the bible where a rabbit chases Lucipher away with eggs.

I know what you're saying. It's just that when I really think about it, I find it sad that we need to be assigned designated days on which to spend quality time with our friends/family/etc.

I don't fault anyone for celebrating Valentine's Day or any other holiday, it just isn't for me.

-- Homer

Homer 02-17-2004 01:27 PM

No, she doesn't [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Yes, she does. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That's part of the reason I'm with her. We have similar philosophies on life. [Insert random day here] is more romantic than Valentine's Day.

-- Homer

OrangeHeat 02-17-2004 01:32 PM

I got her the biggest lazy boy I could find. Doesn't hurt that it fits my fat butt comfortably too!

Orange

PS - She got me a nice 750 chip custom set of Chipco Protechs - My wife Rocks!