Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KK - Too aggressive or too passive? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=65868)

moondogg 02-06-2004 08:07 AM

KK - Too aggressive or too passive?

Loose, fairly aggressive table. UTG is a loose PF raiser, has PF raised the last two hands, but slowed down when he missed the turn.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
moondogg has K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and is MP2

UTG raises, moondogg 3-bets, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG caps, moondogg calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop(16 SB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, moondogg raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, moondogg caps, BB calls, UTG calls

Turn(22 BB): 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, moondogg raises, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, moondogg calls, BB calls

River(31 BB): 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, moondogg calls, BB folds

I didn't think it was reasonable for him to have two pair with his PF cap, I started to slow down because he may have 99 (because of his loose raising) or AA (capped PF). Too weak? (Folding was never a consideration)

Results in white: <font color="white"> UTG showed JJ, and MHIG </font>

Trix 02-06-2004 09:12 AM

Re: KK - Too aggressive or too passive?

Ok, since you are saying he is just as likely to have 99 as AA then I guess you would be a 3:2 favorite against him; TT,JJ,QQ vs 99,AA. KK would split, but adds a little.
Think I would go for the overcall, unless that he would be just as likely to 3Bet with TT-QQ as the other two.

What would you have done if BB had raised and and UTG called ?

moondogg 02-06-2004 11:37 AM

Re: KK - Too aggressive or too passive?

Thanks Trix,

If BB checkraised and UTG called, I would call. It would close the betting, there's a fair chance I have the best hand, and the pot has gotten pretty big. I would expect BB to show me a 5 and take it down the majority of the time, but I wouldn't let go here for just one more bet. If BB checkraised and then UTG reraised, I would seriously consider dropping, but I still would probably end up making a crying call, again because of the size of the pot. If BB bet and UTG raised, I would call - I still think I beat UTG enough here to stay in, so he is not buying me off the pot; BB may have improved, but he may be making an ill-timed play for the pot based on UTG's seemingly senseless aggression and my sudden passiveness. Again, the pot is big enough that I'm definitely seeing a showdown.

I just had the feeling after the hand that I should have kept ramming it on the turn and river. Am I being too results-oriented, or did I have good reason to slow down?

Thanks again,
Mooney