Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I just won a LARGE sum in the UB Million (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=61372)

Rushmore 01-12-2004 02:57 AM

I just won a LARGE sum in the UB Million

Just wanted to let you all know--I took 3rd.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nottom 01-12-2004 03:03 AM

Re: I just won a LARGE sum in the UB Million

grats dude!

Was it like $100K or something like that?

Rushmore 01-12-2004 03:18 AM

$157K. Just trying to figure out how to gracefully get the most into my account and spendable.

Should be interesting, but it's a problem I don't mind having.

Just call me Gypster.

Going to sleep. Got in by 4 hour satellite at 10:30 this AM, had a 90 minute break, then played 8+ hour main event.

Guess I'll say it was worth it.

DT

P.S. Couldn't have done it without all of the great advice from these forums. Cheers! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Aceshigh7 01-12-2004 03:36 AM

Wow, that is magnificent!

Congratulations and job well done!

ripdog 01-12-2004 05:08 AM

way to go! I've always wondered about how to deal with the taxes in this situation. Do you have a plan? I'd be very interested to know what your accountant says. Nice score.

Kurn, son of Mogh 01-12-2004 09:54 AM

Good job. With a win this big, I wouldn't take my chances with the IRS. I'd put $30K in a 12 or 15 month CD, $30K in an index fund and reserve those to pay the taxes. The rest would pay all my debts with quite a bit left over for my bankroll.

GuyOnTilt 01-12-2004 09:55 AM

Congrats! That's sweet! I am really sincerely happy for you! $157k is a pretty nice score for 12 hours of work. Keep up the good work!

GoT

La Brujita 01-12-2004 10:17 AM

That is absolutely outstanding!! I am turning green with envy right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rick Diesel 01-12-2004 10:29 AM

Congratulations. Now don't you go blowing all that money on some fancy record player.

Rick Diesel

Goodie 01-12-2004 11:07 AM

Taxes?

I know this is probably not the forum to discuss this, but I've been wondering this for a long time. If I was to win this much on line, couldn't I just cash out something like 3000 or 4000 a week and avoid taxes all together?

Maybe someone with some knowledge of this can give me a clue.

Thanks.

Peace

Goodie