Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Is statking worth buying? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=45648)

King_J 09-16-2003 07:16 AM

Is statking worth buying?

I am interested in buyin Statking. I am just not sure if I need it or not.

I am a winning player already and I think I know what games I should play and which games I should avoid. Of course, stats shouldn´t decreasy my winnings.

Anyone uses Statking and recommends it?

CrackerZack 09-16-2003 11:59 AM

Re: Is statking worth buying?

I think vehn_ uses it if I remember right. Yeah, checked my PMs, he does... here is what he told me about it:

[ QUOTE ]
Its a database/record keeping program for poker. Its $30 and available through conjelco. It essentially has everything anyone would want in regards to record keeping/data parsing i.e. graphs your win rate/sd/win rate confidence/hours played etc etc including milestones and projections for the rest of the year and has a bankroll tool etc. If you are very good with excel and took some time you could probably come up with something pretty similar, but I'm lazy, don't even have excel at home, and don't have GTOT so this works out just fine. I would say its more useful for B&M players like me, if you play primarily online you would definetely get more use out of pokertracker or pokerstat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vehn 09-16-2003 12:42 PM

Basically what you need to understand about keeping stats in general is its simply a form of masturbation. I don't need it, it doesn't help my game or give me any real insight; its a way of jerking off after I come home with a win.

Although you need some way of keeping records so you can accurately pay your taxes on your winnings. Right?

Mike Gallo 09-16-2003 02:53 PM

Although you need some way of keeping records so you can accurately pay your taxes on your winnings. Right?

He lives in Sweden..do they even pay taxes there?

~MG~

zamora 09-16-2003 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell does that mean? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

pokercharts is a tool that i used before i got pokertracker. it is free and based on what vehn said i think it has more or less the same features as statking. and it is on the web so you can access it from anywhere.
the adress is: www.pokercharts.com

not an affiliate, just a fan.

King_J 09-16-2003 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

~MG~

[/ QUOTE ]

We have the biggest taxes in the world [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anadrol 50 09-16-2003 09:19 PM

King J,

What part of Sverige are you from ?

Daliman 09-16-2003 11:38 PM

Yes. Statking is great tool.

King_J 09-17-2003 05:14 PM

Im from northern Sweden *nm*

Adde 09-19-2003 04:08 PM

I have Statking (and I also pay the biggest taxes in the world), but I never use it. I find it too hard to enter data for online sessions.

To create a record in Statking, I have to know what Limit, Bring-in, Bring-out, Site and Duration. Because I often switch tables and limits, play multiple tables (and sometimes sites), take frequent small pauses, etc, I can hardly compile accurate session data afterwards.

You folks who use Statking for online poker, how do you manage it?

King_J, if you want it anyway, give me a price and you can have mine, snail-mail up to Lule. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]