Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What am I thinking? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402011)

TheDudeChad 12-20-2005 12:33 PM

What am I thinking?

Pacific Poker - $1/$2 (6 handed)

Table is extremely loose/passive. I am the only person who has raised preflop so far, I have already played many orbits.

Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font> , SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font> , SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font> , SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls.

River: (13BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font> , SB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 16BB

12-20-2005 12:34 PM

Re: What am I thinking?

standard?

True

jba 12-20-2005 12:36 PM

you're thinking that you have the best hand very often here. I'd bet this every time.

"Table is extremely loose/passive. I am the only person who has raised preflop so far, I have already played many orbits."

this makes me salivate

AtlChip10 12-20-2005 12:36 PM

Looks fine to me [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

TomBrooks 12-20-2005 01:22 PM

When you raised preflop, it looks like you were pumping the pot to hit a set or you were hoping to get lucky with an all low card flop and/or you were unafraid that one or more of the three limpers ahead of you and the likely more callers to follow would connect with one of the six possible overcards to your pocket pair. After the flop, it looks like you thought you had the best hand.

TheDudeChad 12-20-2005 10:08 PM

Thanks guys. I was mostly concerned with the PF raise and the river value bet. Thanks for the support.

zephed 12-20-2005 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you raised preflop, it looks like you were pumping the pot to hit a set or you were hoping to get lucky with an all low card flop and/or you were unafraid that one or more of the three limpers ahead of you and the likely more callers to follow would connect with one of the six possible overcards to your pocket pair. After the flop, it looks like you thought you had the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are a weird dude.

UncleSalty 12-20-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys. I was mostly concerned with the PF raise and the river value bet. Thanks for the support.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't particularly like the PF raise w/ 77 against 3 limpers and blinds that are likely coming along. Your implied odds are awful against players who will chase multiple streets to catch a pair. Against one limper, sure. Against what is likely going to be a six-handed flop, just limp and let your post-flop skills make you the money. Your equity edge against this many players is not very big PF and you are actually encouraging multiple players to continue post-flop by bloating the pot.

From the flop forward this hand is standard.

12-21-2005 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't particularly like the PF raise w/ 77 against 3 limpers and blinds that are likely coming along. Your implied odds are awful against players who will chase multiple streets to catch a pair. Against one limper, sure. Against what is likely going to be a six-handed flop, just limp and let your post-flop skills make you the money. Your equity edge against this many players is not very big PF and you are actually encouraging multiple players to continue post-flop by bloating the pot.

From the flop forward this hand is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hit your set they are going to continue with their pairs, from what it looks like your implied odds are improved significantly if your opponents are guaranteed to call down.

True

ArturiusX 12-21-2005 08:01 PM

I dont usually raise preflop, but I dont think it matters either way, just preflop raising might give you more highs and lows depending on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]