Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What can i beat (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400997)

12-18-2005 09:46 PM

What can i beat

Anyone fold the turn?

Five handed 5/10 party.

Mp opens 37/32/3 from 50 hands, folded to me in the bb and i raise AQo. mp caps.

flop Qd, Tc, 9d

check, bet, call.

Turn 8c

check, bet, call

river 7h

check...

istewart 12-18-2005 09:53 PM

Re: What can i beat

Hole cards?

12-18-2005 09:57 PM

have edited to show cards.

UncleSalty 12-18-2005 10:01 PM

B/F turn, B/F river.

12-19-2005 12:17 AM

Unc,

Why am b/f the turn here? Do you think he caps with AT, A9?

12-19-2005 12:21 AM

We need to know your stats, he could think you're a donkey and he thinks A9/AT is goot against you

UncleSalty 12-19-2005 12:23 AM

Hi Have it all,

You are losing to AA, KK, QQ, JJ, and AJ on the turn, which are all hands that would/might cap PF. You are splitting w/ AQ and losing to AK.

Overall, you are behind any capping hand that raises your turn bet except AK, so I guess you need a read to determine if he would raise with that hand.

A lot of the time you will not face a raise on these 2 streets, but when you do I feel you are almost certainly beat.

12-19-2005 12:36 AM

Unc,

"You are losing to AA, KK, QQ, JJ, and AJ on the turn, which are all hands that would/might cap PF. You are splitting w/ AQ and losing to AK."

This is pretty much my thinking.

"A lot of the time you will not face a raise on these 2 streets, but when you do I feel you are almost certainly beat."

Couldnt agree more.

"B/F turn, B/F river."

If i read this correctly, im betting the turn, he calls. i bet the river he calls. I'll probably still end up losing to his range. I doubt he will fold a set/overpair and may decide just to check/call my turn bet and raise river with a J.

I really hate my turn call but am not sure if i'm the only one. I hated it at the time but talked myself into it.

UncleSalty 12-19-2005 12:44 AM

I hear what you're saying, and you're right, I've described a lot of his capping range. On the other hand, he has a VERY high PFR which will tend to widen his range to include hands like KQ, KJ, AJ smaller PP and who knows what else.

I guess my theory is that if he's just calling and not raising on the big streets there's a solid chance you're still ahead and you don't want to lose bets or give him the initiative in those cases.

Edit: Scratch KJ, that hand is beating you

12-19-2005 12:49 AM

"On the other hand, he has a VERY high PFR which will tend to widen his range to include hands like KQ, KJ, AJ smaller PP and who knows what else."

This is why i called the turn and river together with the fact its three handed. Hands i beat on the river though are KQ, AK and pairs lower than 55.

In general when a LAG like this caps preflop do you give him more credit for a hand or not?