Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AJ vs. UTG aggression (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400637)

12-18-2005 03:48 AM

AJ vs. UTG aggression

no reads yet

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls (??), SB calls.

what's the plan from here given i call? or should i just throw it away?

bnorthro 12-18-2005 04:08 AM

Re: AJ vs. UTG aggression

I think against an unkown I call down and curse when I see 66. The extra 2 bets may be worth a read to see if this guys going psycho with some random hand if you're going to be at the table for a while. You've got outs against something like A6 or K6 too.

12-18-2005 04:25 AM

It's worth a call-down. If he has like A6 or K6 we have some outs. I'd be curious to get a showdown and find out if he's one to not raise "the drawing hand" pre-flop.

12-18-2005 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think against an unkown I call down and curse when I see 66. The extra 2 bets may be worth a read to see if this guys going psycho with some random hand if you're going to be at the table for a while. You've got outs against something like A6 or K6 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally did not read yours before I posted. Phreaky.

12-18-2005 04:26 AM

what about SB, do i assume he's checking to UTG so i don't have to worry about a cold call?

i did what you said, it just felt like spewing a bit though.

MattC 12-18-2005 04:26 AM

call down. you may still have outs against 2 pair and sometimes people go crazy with any ace regardless of kicker. Make a note of whatever he has if he played out of line. Plus you have SB to pad your call down.

12-18-2005 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what about SB, do i assume he's checking to UTG so i don't have to worry about a cold call?

i did what you said, it just felt like spewing a bit though.

[/ QUOTE ]
SB so has a cruddy A or K. Or 7, maybe a 2, or a BBBDSD...

bnorthro 12-18-2005 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I totally did not read yours before I posted. Phreaky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, good to see we're on the right track.

I agree, these situations feel kinda spewey. Another thing - against an unkown, it may be worth the peace of mind, I hate questioning if I just folded the best hand. I've seen plenty of guys do this with something like A7 too.