Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Two pair on the flop: fold, call or raise? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400356)

Bill Lumberg 12-17-2005 04:17 PM

Two pair on the flop: fold, call or raise?

CO is 74/24/2.6, SB is 18/5/1, BB is 8/7/.6

Pre-flop: Hero is button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, 1 fold, MP+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop (7 sb) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB raises, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP+1 folds, CO 3-bets, Hero ????

NobodysFreak 12-17-2005 04:19 PM

Re: Two pair on the flop: fold, call or raise?

Raise pre-flop. Cap the flop.

12-17-2005 04:53 PM

By calling you only give up a slight equity edge but are disquised very well for the big bet streets.

For me this is a wait until turn and I think you are ahead.

hemstock 12-17-2005 05:00 PM

Make them face 2 and 3 cold. Easy cap.

NobodysFreak 12-17-2005 05:02 PM

I would hate to have the SB and BB call behind me and fill up a weaker two pair. I think we need to cap here and make them face two and three more bets.

12-17-2005 05:15 PM

They've already shown a pretty strong interest in the hand and think they are calling anyway. The final cap by you shows the last player in the hand is willing to "Cold Cap" (Thats a pretty strong sign of a good hand,unless I'm a maniac). At least by waiting you may get bet into on the turn by the 3bettor. If you cap I think its gonna be check to you on the turn.

If I'm raising the flop its for value not really to protect. I'm just willing to give up a little here in hopes to protect against draws on the turn and punish inferior made hands.

Shillx 12-17-2005 05:34 PM

Meh just don't fold. I would cap, but only because I would cap everything worth playing in this spot. Gotta raise preflop though.

NobodysFreak 12-17-2005 05:36 PM

This pot is swelling and we should be trying to win it as soon as possible. If we cap we force the tight blinds to reconsider their position and possibly fold.

If the three bettor were on a draw he'd have the equity to make the raise on the flop, but if he whiffs on the turn he'd be making a mistake to take a stab at it on a pure draw. With an opponent cold calling three behind me, I'd be hesitent to put in another bet on the turn with just a draw. I'm not sure we can count on the 3-better to take another stab at the pot.

Additionally, if we only call the 3-bet, we make it easier for everyone to come along and we could be facing another 3-bet on the turn which could leave us completely flustered. I think we need to make this cap with the hopes of taking control of this now huge pot.

Yerma 12-17-2005 05:43 PM

I'd say cap it.

With the blinds this tight and the CO this loose, why didn't you raise preflop?

Bill Lumberg 12-17-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By calling you only give up a slight equity edge but are disquised very well for the big bet streets.

For me this is a wait until turn and I think you are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't waiting for the turn only for instances when you cannot protect your hand on the flop? I think here, we can with a cap, right? Why would we want to wait when we can get them out now?