Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Making the most from the near nuts (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398698)

12-15-2005 12:34 AM

Making the most from the near nuts

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Seat 10: Hero ( $46.25 )
Seat 7: Villian ( $65.97 )

BB is .50
No raises pre-flop.

Flop: [$2.50] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero bets [$1].
Fold.
MP2 calls [$1].
Villian calls [$1].
Fold.

Turn: [$5.50] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, Villian checks.

River: [$5.50] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 folds.
Hero bets [$3]
MP2 Folds.
Villian raises [$8]
Hero.... ?

Now my question is this: Should I push straight away (about $37), or should I bump it to something about halfway, hoping he'll push if he has a high flush, but call if it's a lower one. He is slow-playing a flush or A9, but can we expect a lower flush (&lt;J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) to fold to a push? Or is it just best to throw it all in and hope he calls?

12-15-2005 02:20 AM

Re: Making the most from the near nuts

uh, what's your hand? J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

beavens 12-15-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh, what's your hand? J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

tripp0807 12-15-2005 11:20 AM

I really hate having to put all of my chips in the pot when I didn't even get hole cards. Just the other day, the board was AAKKQ rainbow and I put all of my chips in because even though I didn't get hole cards, I thought it was a good board to play. I'll be damned if villian didn't have pocket kings.

hfrog355 12-15-2005 11:41 AM

Son of a &amp;!#$% I hate when that happens...

4_2_it 12-15-2005 12:45 PM

If someone's got an A or the flush, they better be betting that turn before the river kills all their action, unless of course they hold the joker card..............

beavens 12-15-2005 01:14 PM

have we figured out the starting hand yet?

4_2_it 12-15-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hole cards obviously aren't relevant in this case. Just use your superior hand reading skills and play the playas. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tripp0807 12-15-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hole cards obviously aren't relevant in this case. Just use your superior hand reading skills and play the playas. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, beavens, come on. Haven't you seen Rounders? Can't you play blindfolded?

beavens 12-15-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.. i think our As over 3s takes it down with a PSB, kinda hoping for a raise.