Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Another overpair line. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397484)

J Chap 12-13-2005 09:04 AM

Another overpair line.

Again, overpair facing a min-raise. This was like my 4th or 5th hand at the table, so no reads yet. I didn't like this because it was 4-way, and I was OOP. Again, should I have bowed out upon the min-raise? Or call>lead>fold to raise?

Screwed up hand history.

I have KK in SB. two limpers for .50 each. I make it $2 to go, BB calls, both limpers call. (Should've made it $3 to go, but onward...)

Pot is $8ish. flop unders. I lead $5, fold, fold, button min-raises to $10.

Am i done for?

12-13-2005 09:09 AM

Re: Another overpair line.

Same hand as other thread, buddy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

J Chap 12-13-2005 09:15 AM

thanks broheim; i salvaged what i could

12-13-2005 09:25 AM

Raise to $3 or $3.50 preflop.

Bet the pot on the flop. I hate leading for anything less than the pot. Min-raises get re-raised by me to find out if it's a push/fold situation.

Were the unders extremely coordinated? 8 9 10 with 2 spades? If not, I'm repopping this guy to about $25, and folding to a push.

The turn is where I get lost, pushing sounds good on a non-heart.

djoyce003 12-13-2005 09:30 AM

you really need to post a little more than "flop was 3 unders. Was it coordinated, did it have a four-flush, etc.

A flop that is 10 7 2 is a much better flop for your KK than 7 8 9.

You have to raise more preflop. it's 4xbb+1 or every limper so with two limpers your minraise should be $3 but out of the SB with a premium pocket pair I have no problem bumping it to $5 or $6 then no matter what happens they are making a big mistake with a preflop call.

J Chap 12-13-2005 09:30 AM

they were uncoordinated in such a way that really the only hand beating me would have been a set.

so i re-pop for $25 and fold to a push. okay. and if he calls, i push any turn?

i feel like if he called the 3-bet on a drawless board, i'm in serious danger.

beavens 12-13-2005 10:14 AM

pf: raise at least 4xBB + 1xBB for every limper.. $2 is just inviting multiway action, which sucks for PPs

J Chap 12-13-2005 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

it's 4xbb+1 or every limper so with two limpers your minraise should be $3 but out of the SB with a premium pocket pair I have no problem bumping it to $5 or $6 then no matter what happens they are making a big mistake with a preflop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

you make it $5 or $6 with QQ and KK as well?

but AA just go 4+(# limpers)xBB method?