Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Mid pp 1 OC on flop, I hate these (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396686)

thesharpie 12-12-2005 09:02 AM

Mid pp 1 OC on flop, I hate these

Same prima 1/2 table, I raise 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG and both blinds come along.

4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

They check, I bet, SB check/raises, BB folds, I?????

Spicymoose 12-12-2005 09:03 AM

Re: Mid pp 1 OC on flop, I hate these

If no read, call, and fold the turn. A lot of players will check raise the 3, 4, or flush draw, so maybe you might want to call down.

philnewall 12-12-2005 10:14 AM

Either 3-bet, bet the turn and check the river or just fold here. Looks like he's protecting a K but smaller pockets, strong 4's and flush draws are also possible.

jba 12-12-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If no read, call, and fold the turn. A lot of players will check raise the 3, 4, or flush draw, so maybe you might want to call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

why call the flop? don't understand what we are hoping for on the turn that we have pot odds for.

LoaferGee12 12-12-2005 12:55 PM

I would think you have to call this down. I have a very low WTSD too. They are doing with a lot more hands than just a King.

12-12-2005 02:03 PM

The sb check/raises a king high flop against the preflop raiser. I don't see him doing this with a three or four. Maybe he is checkraising the flush draw. So I think you call and fold to a turn bet.

12-12-2005 02:09 PM

bleaugh, what the hell we call the flop for if we are folding to a turn bet?

LoaferGee12 12-12-2005 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sb check/raises a king high flop against the preflop raiser. I don't see him doing this with a three or four. Maybe he is checkraising the flush draw. So I think you call and fold to a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do with A4 on this board? 55? 66? 77?

12-12-2005 02:51 PM

this is grunching...

like reads help here. Maybe peel and fold to a non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn. I guess he could be c/r'ing the flop with the flush draw. I might go into call-down mode. It's tough because if we are ahead we don't want to give free cards. I'll say it again--reads help.

12-12-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why call the flop? don't understand what we are hoping for on the turn that we have pot odds for.

[/ QUOTE ]

a showdown? Some villains may check to us on the turn after unsuccessfully folding us with a flop c/r.