Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Common OOP continuation bet situation... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396439)

12-11-2005 10:39 PM

Common OOP continuation bet situation...

Do you guys recommend a c bet in these kinds of situations? I've really been trying to work on my play after a PFR, so any other general advice on situational c betting is appreciated as well.

Party Poker $100 No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($96)
SB ($104.10)
BB ($29.85)
UTG ($59.80)
MP ($98.90)
Hero ($98.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($10.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ??? </font>

Rest of hand is irrelevant, but I'll post it later if you guys want to see.

12-11-2005 10:44 PM

Re: Common OOP continuation bet situation...

This is hand that can get ugly, I think this is a spot that needs a c-bet because of that pfr, but one in the neighborhood of 1/2 to 3/4 pot, then consider dropping to significant action on later streets.

Cambraceres

Andrew Fletcher 12-11-2005 10:50 PM

I make a c-bet approx. 100% of the time here.

Andrew Fletcher 12-11-2005 10:52 PM

It doesn't get ugly, because if button calls our c-bet then we're pretty much done with the hand.

If button doesn't bet on the turn, I'll usually lead a blank river for like 1/2 pot.

SmileyEH 12-11-2005 10:58 PM

It depends on the player you are against more than anything. Will he raise the flop with draws, will he fold a jack if you bet, will he bet the flopped if checked to with a worse hand..... I'd bet sometimes and check/fold sometimes and check/call sometimes.

-SmileyEH

12-11-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I make a c-bet approx. 100% of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

EMcWilliams 12-11-2005 11:19 PM

Gotta CB here. This flop is just as ugly to your foe. If he calls shutdown, if he raises muck and to the next hand. You lose a lot of value without a CB in these situations.

12-12-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't get ugly, because if button calls our c-bet then we're pretty much done with the hand.

If button doesn't bet on the turn, I'll usually lead a blank river for like 1/2 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on the same page.

The hand's not strong enough for a check-raise, and it doesn't figure to improve more than your opponent's. So, the logical move is to take down the pot now.

If you can't, onto the next hand.

pokernose 12-12-2005 12:53 AM

You have to determine what your opponent would call with pre-flop and fold now. When I look at this board, I don't see much that I'm beating. It's all read dependent at that point. If you have an opponent that will fold a weak, but better, hand, go ahead a bet it. You are not losing much with a check fold here.