Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Should I bet this river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396284)

sk_man 12-11-2005 06:00 PM

Should I bet this river

Villian is a little loose PF and very passive. I only had about 35 hands on him at the time, so it's not the strongest read ever.

After the turn, I put him on Ax, Kx or a pocket pair. I haven't done the math yet, but I think I should have bet against a player this passive. I'm a little weak on the river.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold], Hero raises, 4 folds, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, Button calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero ?

12-11-2005 06:03 PM

Re: Should I bet this river

looks like a b/f. Depends how tricky, if any, villian is

sk_man 12-11-2005 06:10 PM

I don't like the bet/fold with as weak a read as I have. I really don't know how tricky he is and the pot would be getting to a decent size at that point, so if I'm betting, I think it's a bet/call.

12-11-2005 06:15 PM

if you check, villian is going to bet the flush when he has it, and check when he doesn't. If you bet, he is going to call with a lot of stuff. Need to (value)bet this against a very passive opponent.

detruncate 12-11-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the bet/fold with as weak a read as I have. I really don't know how tricky he is and the pot would be getting to a decent size at that point, so if I'm betting, I think it's a bet/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got it backwards. Bet/fold by default. Consider alternatives with a read. Our average opponent is too passive. You haven't seen anything that suggests Villain is an exception.

NobodysFreak 12-11-2005 06:36 PM

I'd bet and be prepared to fold to a raise.

sk_man 12-11-2005 06:54 PM

You don't think 1 in 8 or 9 players is tricky enough to bluff this? I think the pot is big enough after a bet and a raise that I should be calling.

PokerSlut 12-11-2005 06:56 PM

*grunch*

I would bet, and fold to a raise.

MrWookie47 12-11-2005 08:04 PM

Without reading your post, I say yes.

Upon reading your post, the answer is still yes.

DCWildcat 12-11-2005 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think 1 in 8 or 9 players is tricky enough to bluff this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even passive players don't bluff 10% of the time (online at least). Bet/fold is still goot.