Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Contest (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396097)

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 11:45 AM

Contest

So I have $350 I am going to be paying out over the course of a few contests, and am curious as to what you guys would prefer to have for the contest. Here are a few options. All of these contests would probably last 1 week. The first contest will have a $100 prize to the winner. This winner must be someone who responded to my original post where I pledged $10. I will make a second place of $50 (coming from a seperate pool of money), available to the whole forum, as to not entirely exclude everyone else.

Posting Contest

Person with the most posts would win. If any posts were found to be in a non HUSH forum, that person would be disqualified. If the posts are generally unhelpful, or 1 liners, the person will also be disqualified. We can make more specific rules as well.

Most Marginal Hand Contest

Person who has the hand with the most disagreement over the right play. Hand should include good reads, otherwise the disagreement could be over player styles, which we don't want. Hand should cause controversy among not only most of the forum, but among MUSHers as well.

Best Analysis Contest

Person who responds to a controversial hand with such good analysis that it completely proves one side of the argument or the other. Original hand shouldn't be so easy that the detailed analysis isn't necessary.

Best Use of a River Donk Contest

I see people doing this often, yet I don't use it myself often at all. There are some extremely obvious places to do this, but for the most part, people are doing it at places where I am confused. A lot of these donks are just bad plays, and shouldn't be followed, but I know that there are some that are well used, and I just don't understand. The donk would have to not only be correct, but also be somewhat unstandard.

Best Unconventional Line Contest

The line has to be something we don't normally see, but also has to be agreed to be the best line available. It would also be preferable for the line to be one that can be used somewhat often, rather than something that pops up once every 20k hands.

Please vote and/or respond with your opinions on what you would like to see, and how this whole thing can be implemented as best as possible.

Peter Harris 12-11-2005 11:53 AM

Re: Contest

The only two contests i consider most helpful to the forum would be "Most marginal hand" and "best analysis"

The former may confuse people. the latter never does.

I think "Best Analysis Contest" will yield some excellent and indepth posts. Not from me, but ones i like to read. And can be digested.

krishanleong 12-11-2005 12:04 PM

TA postalike contest. Would be awesome. I might do it myself sometime.

Krishan

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TA postalike contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what this means.

krishanleong 12-11-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TA postalike contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy angelo. Search for his posts in mid-high.

Krishna

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TA postalike contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy angelo. Search for his posts in mid-high.

Krishna

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes. I have read a bunch of his posts. He definetly thinks a ton, and has some really great posts. He is also almost always controversial, which is good. I just do disagree pretty strongly with some of the stuff he writes though.

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 01:11 PM

One more contest I think might be good. The Archive Dig Up Contest. Best hidden gem found in the archives wins.

12-11-2005 03:14 PM

A marginal hand contest would encourage good posts & analyses alike.

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 06:26 PM

Alright, as things are looking, it will either be the Marginal Hand Contest, or the Best Analysis Contest. The analysis contest seems to have more support, but it is a pretty limited sample. Anyone else care?

scotty34 12-11-2005 06:30 PM

How about Best Analysis gets the $100, and the hand that provoked it gets the $50?