Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   my turn play is bad (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395860)

PokerBob 12-11-2005 12:18 AM

my turn play is bad

i am too aggro and don't call down enough. at least i think so. i don't know anything anymore. turn donker here is like 50/5/2. other dude is a mystery. it's my first hand at the table.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 12:21 AM

Re: my turn play is bad

I find it hard to believe that SB has a flush. More likely a weak 3 that he doesn't know what to do with it. I raise the turn. Given that you didn't I think the river call is fine.

scotty34 12-11-2005 12:21 AM

Yea, I raise it. I doubt a guy like this would 3-bet very often, unless he is holding 99 or something.

MicroBob 12-11-2005 01:45 AM

I think you have to raise this turn too.

you're not upset to take this pot right now because either one might be able to fold some weird hand with a 4c or something now that they would call with on the river if it actually makes a flush.

If the bettor has something weird like 9s2c then you are getting value now by raising it while making him pay for a draw that he doesn't even know would be good.

don't let them have that free-card.

Others agree??

Alexthegreat 12-11-2005 01:54 AM

check raise the flop....raise the turn....Fold the river

LoaferGee12 12-11-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to raise this turn too.

you're not upset to take this pot right now because either one might be able to fold some weird hand with a 4c or something now that they would call with on the river if it actually makes a flush.

If the bettor has something weird like 9s2c then you are getting value now by raising it while making him pay for a draw that he doesn't even know would be good.

don't let them have that free-card.

Others agree??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

PokerBob 12-11-2005 06:33 AM

results

i am too aggro and don't call down enough. at least i think so. i don't know anything anymore. turn donker here is like 50/5/2. other dude is a mystery. it's my first hand at the table.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

my turn aggression seems a bit high (&gt;3) so I am trying to find spots where pounding may be wrong. Here I figured I may already be behind, so calling and hoping to improve is best. With the guy behind me, it likley is best to raise, but this turn donk is just so friggin weird. Anyway, he had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I am DERG.