Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Alas, the nut flush...uh oh... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395820)

Coolidge 12-10-2005 11:00 PM

Alas, the nut flush...uh oh...

I have no significant reads. I've been card dead, so I've been mostly just folding, swearing and loading songs into my iPod.

Full ring 1/2

Hero is MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PRE -
1 fold, UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 limps, 1 fold, Hero limps, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

FLOP - 7 players (7SB) 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
checks to Hero who bets. Button and BB folds, everyone else calls.

TURN - 5 players (6BB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checks to Hero who bets, CO, UTG+1, and UTG+2 call.

RIVER - 4 players (10BB) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checks to Hero...?

WTF? Am I EVER good here? Do I check/call? Bet/Fold? Check?Fold? I have no idea.

Does anyone play any street different?

12-10-2005 11:08 PM

Re: Alas, the nut flush...uh oh...

This sucks. It's not good, but not hopeless either. You could have people chasing the flush, calling w/small pair, calling w/T, ect. Small chance you get called by a worse hand, even though the nut flush is usually great. I say check it and call if the CO bets, and check/fold if the CO gets c/r'd. I don't see much value in a bet here.

12-10-2005 11:32 PM

check & eval the action. Maybe they were hanging around with overcards or a club. if it's 2 to you, seriously consider punching your mouse.

HouseCalls 12-10-2005 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say check it and call if the CO bets, and check/fold if the CO gets c/r'd. I don't see much value in a bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

And start drinking heavily...

12-11-2005 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I say check it and call if the CO bets, and check/fold if the CO gets c/r'd. I don't see much value in a bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MrWookie47 12-11-2005 12:34 AM

Man, I had to stare at this far too long to figure out how this wasn't a ridiculously easy value bet. Alas, it's not, because J's aren't the only pair on the board. Check and see.

masse75 12-11-2005 12:37 AM

check, and fold it's going to be an overcall. autofold to a raise.

PokerBob 12-11-2005 09:34 PM

i really have no interest in folding for one bet, nor putting in 2. check and reevaluate.

PokerSlut 12-11-2005 09:41 PM

*grunch*

This is one of those rare cases where I would be more likely to check/call CO if nobody else calls, but fold if UTG+1 or UTG+2 call, even though there would be more bets in the pot in the latter case.

DCWildcat 12-11-2005 10:29 PM

Check/call. I'll fold to a raise, but not an overcall. Most 2's would have shown something on the turn (few people fear the flopped flush), and any J will make a raise and you can safely fold. This is a situation where beating 2 players isn't that much tougher than beating 1. A 10 will overcall enough for this to be possible.