Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Correct fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395629)

12-10-2005 04:55 PM

Correct fold?

Villain isn't more aggresive than the standard good player and he don't overplay his hands from what I have seen.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

From my read, perhaps I should just call.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Not much to call. Or do you fold here?

Turn: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds...

Standard? How many of you call down every street here? Or how do you play it differently.

DCWildcat 12-10-2005 05:02 PM

Re: Correct fold?

I don't understand the PF cap-there's no need of it, you've already got isolation and you're OOP.

Since you capped and he lead, you're very rarely ahead here. What is he betting that you beat? Donking KQ? Unlikely. I fold, having only 2 outs the majority of the time here.

shant 12-10-2005 05:03 PM

I don't understand the flop check at all. If you are going to check the flop after capping, it should be with the intention of check/folding.

I would bet the flop and turn with the plan of folding to a raise.

Also, this would be a good spot to know his steal &amp; defend numbers because while this isn't exactly a blind steal, you will get to see if he's into defending and re-stealing somewhat.

tiltaholic 12-10-2005 05:03 PM

if you're going to cap pf you need to lead the flop.

fold the flop if you're unwilling to bet it.

12-10-2005 05:09 PM

The reason I capped it preflop is that he could very possible do a 3-bet here with Axs and A10+ since I am a LP raiser and villain is actually a pretty good player. I check/call the flop since that A surely hit him and for just a tiny bet I get to see the turn.

If the flop was Q high, I bet out here 100% of the time. I was sure I was beat here tho.

DCWildcat 12-10-2005 05:11 PM

Bet/fold is magnificent here, I think. Checking induces billions of bluffs in a pot that large. c/c doesn't really help.

rgb 12-10-2005 05:12 PM

I don't cap PF OOP with 99.

When the A flops I can't see a hand an unknown 3bets that you are ahead of.

If villain isn't a calling station I think there's a reasonable chance he lays down TT-KK so I bet the flop -- if called I bet the turn.

I fold to a raise at any point.

If he calls the turn, I c/f river.

rgb

12-10-2005 05:13 PM

So getting 10.5:1 you peel when you say that you're sure the flop hit him? Not a good idea. If I cap preflop I'd bet this flop and hope he can fold something as nice as pocket queens or kings.

shant 12-10-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't cap PF OOP with 99

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't like there was a raise from UTG, a 3-bet from an MP player, and he capped from the SB. It's a different situation He is opening from MP3. A player on the button's 3-bet range here is wider. I think he often has the best hand, so the cap is not bad. He also keeps the initiative in the hand until he checks the flop.

bozlax 12-10-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he could very possible do a 3-bet here with Axs and A10+ since I am a LP raiser and villain is actually a pretty good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Good" players at .5/1 don't iso-raise Axs preflop.