Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Multiway action. Putting on the breaks with Jacks, (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394860)

SNOWBALL138 12-09-2005 11:18 AM

Multiway action. Putting on the breaks with Jacks,

Happy Holidays everyone. Take a look at this hand for me?

The player that made open queens on sixth street was both loose and passive, so I thought it was somewhat possible that my jacks up were good, but I didn't see that much value in betting because of the combined possibility of someone else having me beaten, the player with queens up having me beaten, the possibility of getting outdrawn on the river, and the relative improbability of my hand improving.

If the open QQ was somewhat more aggressive, I would probably bet sixth so I could stop a bluff on the river. As It was my plan was to fold to a bet by anyone on the river. These players were too passive, and the open QQ + the pot size and the betting action so far discourages a bluff too strongly already.

Anyone play sixth street differently or analyze it differently? Anyone bet the river?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

Seat 1: $75.75
Seat 2: $99.75
Hero: $148.32
Seat 4: $272.87
Seat 5: $33.34
Seat 6: $141
Seat 7: $51
Seat 8: $181.25

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (4.00 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (8.00 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

River - (8.00 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (8.00 BB)

Roland 12-09-2005 12:37 PM

Re: Multiway action. Putting on the breaks with Jacks,

I play it the same.

Mac 12-09-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] unrelated - I almost just got into my first at work fist fight [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

- Mac

PoorLawyer 12-09-2005 03:44 PM

I dont think there is anything else you can do here.

Spladle Master 12-09-2005 06:29 PM

I play it the same.