Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   T8o BB 7 handed (close enough!) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394078)

baronzeus 12-08-2005 08:37 AM

T8o BB 7 handed (close enough!)

villain goose74, 14.5/7.9 after like 300 hands. after i played i wish i had bet the turn and called the river. suck?

edit: ok another thing, i didnt realize he was a poster until I posted this hand. ezzz raise preflop

Party Poker 50/100 Hold'em (7 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

ALL1N 12-08-2005 09:32 AM

Re: T8o BB 7 handed (close enough!)

[ QUOTE ]
after i played i wish i had bet the turn and called the river. suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, CR is great! You're mostly ahead so more bets is fantastic, and also, getting raised gives you no clearcut play, but folding to a 3-bet is easy.
[ QUOTE ]

edit: ok another thing, i didnt realize he was a poster until I posted this hand

[/ QUOTE ]
That excuses preflop I guess.

Spicymoose 12-08-2005 11:51 AM

I like your turn check raise. Are you betting a non diamond river? I am not sure of what to do on the river. I guess I usually bet/fold, but I don't know how right that is. If he doesn't have a diamond, I figure it will be very hard for him to call with most of his hands, and unless he is a cronic bluffer, which it doesn't look like he is, he will have a hard time investing 2 BB to bluff in a 8 BB pot.

TStoneMBD 12-08-2005 01:20 PM

everything is good and the river is a good fold. hes not representing many hands after raising this flop and calling the turn. if anything hes bluffing you off the best hand with a bigger 8 ;p

Fantell 12-08-2005 02:42 PM

Why is it so bad to 3 bet the flop and then lead the turn or just do a stop n go?

I like the hand as it worked out, but typically I'm scared that a 14.5/7.9 player is going to take a free card on the turn.

Danenania 12-08-2005 04:44 PM

How about a flop c/r? I nearly always c/r a flop like this, unless the villain is quite passive.

I think your turn and river plays are great given your flop lead. Shows that you have a very keen awareness of where you're at on this one.

As for PF, I agree you should raise this one. I'm curious how low you think we should go with a raise. Could raising any two be correct for PF folding + flop folding equity?

etizzle 12-08-2005 05:05 PM

you played this one good

Alobar 12-08-2005 05:09 PM

wrong forum n00b!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

given you didnt raise PF, I go for the flop c/r here like every time.

Seems like everyone here loves the turn check...can someone explain why? Do we not think he will check behind here a lot?

I like the river fold, with the strength youve shown, I wouldnt expect him to bluff to often here