Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A little bit of humor... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393688)

Wada 12-07-2005 08:08 PM

A little bit of humor...

Ken Warren does it again...produced another work of art!

Nice cover on his book dont you think? Do you think if I read his book I would be able to get into the minds of my opponents and find out if their holding two cards or four cards?? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ken Warren work of art!

12-07-2005 08:12 PM

Re: A little bit of humor...

LOL ... Ken Warren is THE MAN !!

maurile 12-07-2005 08:12 PM

LOL. You can't blame the author for the cover, but that's pretty funny.

PJS 12-07-2005 08:23 PM

Awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

A bit further down on the page was this:

About the Author
Ken Warren is the author of the biggest selling hold'em book of all time, Winner's Guide to Texas Hold'Em Poker, and five other books as well as being a multiple tournament winner so good that Las Vegas poker rooms asked him not to play in their tournaments to give other players a chance.

When I read this it totally killed me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

SNOWBALL138 12-07-2005 09:11 PM

I thought this was over-the-top ludicrous:

"About the Author
Ken Warren is the author of the biggest selling hold'em book of all time, Winner's Guide to Texas Hold'Em Poker, and five other books as well as being a multiple tournament winner so good that Las Vegas poker rooms asked him not to play in their tournaments to give other players a chance. In August 1992, Warren played in and won the very first hand of legal poker dealt in Mississippi in the 20th century.
"

SNOWBALL138 12-07-2005 09:12 PM

Do they expect even one person to believe that is true?

RowdyZ 12-07-2005 09:14 PM

Nobody else noticed the release date?
I guess by then maybe Holdem will be played with 4 cards.

Product Details
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Cardoza (December 31, 2030)
Language: English
ISBN: 1580421776

deacsoft 12-07-2005 10:51 PM

Can this guy sink any lower? But in actaulity I think the whole Ken Warren thing speaks much more loudly for the quality of Cardoza Publishing then it does the ineptness of Mr. Warren. It makes me appreciate the effort and knowledge of our own fine authors here at 2+2.

Nice work on that cover, by the way, Cardoza.

12-07-2005 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody else noticed the release date?
I guess by then maybe Holdem will be played with 4 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Omaha, hold 'em. Same thing as far as the author is concerned. I'm sure he'd have the same quality strategy.

krazyace5 12-08-2005 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can this guy sink any lower? But in actaulity I think the whole Ken Warren thing speaks much more loudly for the quality of Cardoza Publishing then it does the ineptness of Mr. Warren. It makes me appreciate the effort and knowledge of our own fine authors here at 2+2.

Nice work on that cover, by the way, Cardoza.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Cardoza publish anything worth buying? The few books I bought, before I knew better, from Cardoza were horrible.