Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2 hands, HU and 3-waty situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393369)

Asim 12-07-2005 11:37 AM

2 hands, HU and 3-waty situation

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4 BB

i am confused as to if I should i have bet in the first place, and if so, shouldi have continued on the turn, or is it time to stop... it is a HU situation, so a piece of the board is decent to showdown with, but is it worth betting with? I dont remember the opp stats off the top of my head.

Hand 2:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

I am wondering whether I should have bet with 3 ppl in the pot, i am OOP so I think this hand is probably faulty. I tend to do this alot so I am really interested in how I should go about playing a hand like this.

if I should not bet... what should my line be (of course, varies on opponents).. if I am bet into from the later position guys... what should my line be if its checked through.. i have a low pair, so pretty much every card coming on the turn is a potential OC...

any help with these hands would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

imported_The Vibesman 12-07-2005 12:33 PM

Re: 2 hands, HU and 3-waty situation

Hand 1 looks fine. I bet the turn in hand two as well, since the A is a possible scare card, but I don't think I can overcall the river once SB calls.

Asim 12-07-2005 12:33 PM

bump

12-07-2005 12:47 PM

*grunch*

Hand 1

After Villain's flop call, I'm inclined to think I am probably not doing too well. With no read (i.e. having seen past instances of check-calling down with rags or A high), I'd be wary of being up against another 8, and would then think I am likely outkicked. I still agree with betting the turn, though. The check behind on the river seems quite reasonable too.

Hand 2

The flop bet seems O.K. as an attempt to pick up the pot quickly, but after it failing, I would have just checked the turn. If the button bet and the SB called, I would likely fold.