Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Am I betting for value on the river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392772)

12-06-2005 05:12 PM

Am I betting for value on the river

ok, the table I'm playing at is pretty loose, 70% players see the flop. villian is loose pretty passive. Sometimes likes to pull c/r with air on turn and river.

5handed .5/1
hero has Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB

preflop:
villian calls, 1 call, 1 fold, SB completes, hero checks

flop:4 SB
TQ9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks hero bets, villian calls, rest fold

turn: 3 BB
5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero bets, villian calls

river:5 BB
T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
hero bets

what do you think of my line? I think a c/c or even a c/f on the river could be appropriate. So I guess my real question is how often a donk have a spade here?

SnglMaltScotch 12-06-2005 05:16 PM

Re: Am I betting for value on the river

I think that I check call this. You are not getting a better hand to fold, you are easily getting raised by any T or spades (If I read the flop right to say that it was 2 spades), and you would have to fold to a raise.

I would cc and get to showdown and hope that he bluffs at your river check.

Thoughts.

MrWookie47 12-06-2005 05:19 PM

Without reading your post, I'm going to vote yes.

Edit: Upon reading your post, it's actually different from most posts with that title. Is that a four flush board? I think you could even c/f this river.

EvanJC 12-06-2005 05:20 PM

looks like a pretty good spot to bet/fold, but i'd probably end up bet/calling and hating myself. check/folding i think is pretty bad

12-06-2005 05:23 PM

I didn't even realize the ten paired up on teh board, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] what if on the river came the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or some blank. Is it still a c/c?

imported_leader 12-06-2005 05:23 PM

Looks good

jba 12-06-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are not getting a better hand to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

correct, no way in hell

[ QUOTE ]
you are easily getting raised by any T or spades (If I read the flop right to say that it was 2 spades), and you would have to fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100% also

[ QUOTE ]

you're also getting called by a metric fuckton of hands that you beat

[/ QUOTE ]

oh wait you never said that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yeah easy river bet, he's going to call with a ton of hands here.

edit: oh wait there are four spades? I got the impression there was only one [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the flop. I check/fold the river.

SnglMaltScotch 12-06-2005 05:29 PM

Please clarify the board so that we can give better answer. How many spades are there. I read as 3. If there are 4 this is a c/f if 3 a c/c if 2 a b/f.

27offsooot 12-06-2005 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please clarify the board so that we can give better answer. How many spades are there. I read as 3. If there are 4 this is a c/f if 3 a c/c if 2 a b/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would b/f three spades also, But it's an easy c/f on a four spade board. I don't think that would be even close.

jba 12-06-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would b/f three spades also, But it's an easy c/f on a four spade board. I don't think that would be even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed