Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   value-betting my kicker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391129)

12-04-2005 02:08 PM

value-betting my kicker

Both villains are straightforward and will call to the river a) with any piece of the flop, b) to keep me honest, c) if their nose is itchy. VPIP ~50-60 when it's been 4-5 handed. SB is slightly more tricky and more fishy to boot.

.5/1 Pokerroom (3 handed)
Pre-flop: I have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls.
Flop: (6SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB calls.
Turn: (4.5BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB calls.
River: (7.5BB) 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero??

Throw in one more? Check it down?

POKhER 12-04-2005 02:15 PM

Re: value-betting my kicker

Check it, They won't fold a better hand, plus i reckon you'll split occasionally.

I don't see much value at all.

Chairman Wood 12-04-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check it, They won't fold a better hand, plus i reckon you'll split occasionally.

I don't see much value at all.

[/ QUOTE ] I do, if one folds you are may even get a call from 9hi. These dudes are bozos. If they have Jhi or better I think they may call you.

Aaron W. 12-04-2005 03:44 PM

I would check. I can't see a reasonable argument that you have anything to gain by betting. It's probably more likely that you'll get called by a weak pair and lose your BB than you will get called by king-high and win a BB.

12-04-2005 04:39 PM

I thought we might have heard from a PP by now. Nonetheless, I though our equity here was paper thin, and so I checked it down.

Chairman Wood 12-04-2005 05:21 PM

I still see the value in a bet. Like I said bozos, change 50/60 VPIP to 30/45 and this is a check.

yellowjack 12-04-2005 05:53 PM

Betting the river depends on their WTSD %. Get your HUD to display this, as it's critical in knowing how to value bet weak hands against.

I wouldn't bet the turn unless they folded the turn and they were not prone to betting OOP (passive) after we check behind.

12-04-2005 06:19 PM

about wtsd, I haven't been using it enough. Is it the times they went when they were at the river?

yellowjack 12-04-2005 06:22 PM

It's the % of times they saw a showdown when seeing a flop.
Typical is 30-35%.

POKhER 12-04-2005 06:23 PM

WTSD = Went to showdown
W$SD = Won money($) at showdown.

If hes 80/20 It makes a value bet good.

if hes 20/80, it makes a value bet bad.

80/20 goes to showodnw 80% wins 20%, Vs viceversa on the 2nd guy so he will prob win(WEAK TIGHT).