Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Turn C/R, River push with Ahigh, 5/10NL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390731)

okayplayer 12-03-2005 08:03 PM

Turn C/R, River push with Ahigh, 5/10NL

5/10NL, full ring. Villain is 24/9/4 and is a good, solid, aggro opponent who likes to call cont. bets, and will try and take pots off of you. Effective stack $1090.

I open AKo in EP for $40 Villain in MP calls.

Flop ($95): 232 rainbow

I bet $45 he calls. Right now, I put him on a medium PP, 45, A3, A2, 33, or AK/AQ in that order.

Turn: ($185): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], putting two hearts out.

I check, he bets $75, I make it $350, he pauses and calls.
gulp. ok, now, I likely put him on a bigger PP/45/33/44 or overcards that now picked up a flush draw.

River ($885): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I push...

okayplayer 12-04-2005 12:03 AM

Re: Turn C/R, River push with Ahigh, 5/10NL

Okay, I guess I am looking for whether or not, people think this is a good bluff, or if they like my turn line.

yvesaint 12-04-2005 12:08 AM

ehrm bet more on the flop?

anyways i think the turn is bad ....are you pushing any river if he calls? especially after the weak flop bet, then the turn c/r, i think he probably looks you up with 88-JJ here

if he folded the river, nh, but i think its spewing to look for a river to bluff, as itd have be an A, K, or Q ...

okayplayer 12-04-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ehrm bet more on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

My standard on a paired rainbow flop is half pot, which this is basically ($45 into $92 - after rake).

[ QUOTE ]
anyways i think the turn is bad ....are you pushing any river if he calls? especially after the weak flop bet, then the turn c/r, i think he probably looks you up with 88-JJ here

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you saying I should do? I thought about leading again for ~2/3 pot, but figured with his likely holdings (a wide range) that he won't be scared off, and I can acheive some more FE by c/r'ing and convince him that I had a big hand. And I think a check/fold (to a reasonable bet), although against most opponents is likely correct, would just allow him to continue to call me with alot of hands.

[ QUOTE ]
if he folded the river, nh, but i think its spewing to look for a river to bluff, as itd have be an A, K, or Q ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant, A, K or 5, but anyways, yeah, I he timed down and finally called with KK. I was pretty surprised that he played KK that way.

soah 12-04-2005 06:34 PM

What are you representing?

okayplayer 12-04-2005 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Big pair: QQ-AA

sillyarms 12-04-2005 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 24/9/4

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What are you saying I should do? I thought about leading again for ~2/3 pot, but figured with his likely holdings (a wide range) that he won't be scared off, and I can acheive some more FE by c/r'ing and convince him that I had a big hand. And I think a check/fold (to a reasonable bet), although against most opponents is likely correct, would just allow him to continue to call me with alot of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your pfr and villans perception of you.

because If villan thinks
A) He only raises preflop with premium hands
B) He would not play a big pair like this.

you are in trouble because a premium hand doesen't make a monster on a board like this. I like the line better if it is possible for you to have 22, 33 ,or 44 in this spot

flawless_victory 12-04-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a pretty g-damn good representation of AA/KK... i like it.
the only questio is how often this guy is gonna call the turn CR w/ 99... if u think he would always fold that, then i guess give it up on the river.
if this was the party 6max game against an unknown, i think this is v nice.

soah 12-04-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Big pair: QQ-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually play big pairs like this?

okayplayer 12-04-2005 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]