Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AKs hand..dont like my line (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389412)

SuitedDucks 12-01-2005 07:08 PM

AKs hand..dont like my line

villain is 27/10/2. need a better line.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

12-01-2005 07:24 PM

Re: AKs hand..dont like my line

I think it's fine. That heart on the river sucks, though.

Nick C 12-01-2005 07:31 PM

I'm not sure what else you can do.

QQ and TT both seem entirely possible after the flop, AA and KK can't be completely ruled out, and neither can JJ. AJs is also possible. You've got some sketchy outs to a chop and to a boat, and maybe you're already tied, but unless Villain is overplaying his hand, it's hard to see how you're ahead on the turn.

The river is no help. It's hard to hope for any better than a chop.

So, let's look at some combos:

AA = 1
KK = 1
QQ = 3
JJ = 6
TT = 3
AJs = 2
AhKh = 1

other AK hands = 3

The JJ possibility should probably be discounted somewhat based on the flop action, and maybe AJs should be discounted because of the preflop 3-bet. But I'm thinking AK perhaps should be discounted a little too based on Villain's flop cap and river bet.

In any event, I would probably call, and I'm thinking possibly you are chopping often enough. I'm not sure.

Spartan1983 12-01-2005 07:33 PM

I don't 3 bet the flop. what is the villain 3 betting you with preflop that you are still ahead after the flop. your behind QQ, KK , AA, TT. I call the raise on the flop, c/r the turn and if he is still aggressive either call down or fold on the river.

12-01-2005 09:04 PM

At this point, you capped PF, led out on a scary board and got raised. I'd call the flop raise and re-evaluate the turn. I'd probably donk the turn unless something grotesque came off and see what he does. If raised again, call down unimproved. If just called, bet a non-scary river.

As the hand played, I would call the flop raise and check/call the turn and river. If the turn was a brick, I'd have bet out.

JacksonTens 12-01-2005 09:16 PM

I can't see what is so bad about this hand. You have to call down, I don't see a problem with the flop or turn either. c/c ing is not bad here.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]