Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA against Turn Action (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388689)

mojobluesman 11-30-2005 08:54 PM

AA against Turn Action

No reads yet, but Pacific is very loose generally

Pacific Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Hero Raises, 2 folds, MP1 calls, fold, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button Calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (11.5 SB) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)

BB bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls, fold, Button raises, BB calls, Hero Calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (11.5 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, Button Raises, BB calls, Hero ?

11-30-2005 09:15 PM

Re: AA against Turn Action

I'd re-raise the flop, slowdown on the turn if he carries on raising.

Perhaps button has a set of 9's/3's? JJ would have RR preflop I'd have thought.

If the river brought a K or 8 I'd likely fold or make a crying call for one bet only.

bigalt 11-30-2005 09:23 PM

I also like a flop cap and a turn lead here before slowing down.

Now whether to fold to two bets back to you after a turn lead... I think we can.

hemstock 11-30-2005 09:24 PM

Button can beat aces.

McGahee 11-30-2005 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also like a flop cap and a turn lead here before slowing down.

Now whether to fold to two bets back to you after a turn lead... I think we can.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really like the cap/lead turn line because even if we're faced with a single raise instead of 2 cold that spot really sucks. Bet/call is leaking away lots of chips with the worst hand and bet/fold doesn't feel that sexy either given that you might have counterfeiting outs, although a set would be more likely than 2-pair at that point.

bigalt 11-30-2005 10:10 PM

Who do we have reason to believe we're behind? I think a flop 3-bet is coming from a a jack or an overpair as well as 2 pair or a set. There's probably a straight draw in someone else's hand also.

The only reason I can think of to call the flop 3-bet would be to try to check-raise the turn to knock out MP2 who called 2 cold on the flop, but without a read i wouldn't bank on getting the chance.

McGahee 11-30-2005 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who do we have reason to believe we're behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe my table selection is really good (or really bad) but I don't see people 3-betting a PFR who also raised on the flop very often.

hemstock 11-30-2005 10:16 PM

No reads so let's at least assume that button is not a maniac.
BB bets the flop. Hero raises it and button tells them to feck off because he has a really strong hand. A third player MP1 wakes up on the turn but yet Button raises him as well cause he really really likes his hand. Why don't you believe your opponents in these kind of situations? I think your aces here are maybe 2nd even 3rd best hand. Turn should be an easy laydown facing 2 cold.

checkmate36 11-30-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your aces here are maybe 2nd even 3rd best hand. Turn should be an easy laydown facing 2 cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. When the turn gets bet and then raised (Im wondering about the BB's call, draw maybe?) Hero's A's don't look so strong anymore.

bigalt 11-30-2005 10:33 PM

Hmm. Well I would play AJs on the flop the same way as button probably. And I've seen people just cold call with TT-QQ, any of which I could also see 3-betting this flop (obviously some more desirable than others).

I'm just not ready to give up on AA that fast. Of course I never give up on anything.