Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   As bad as it gets in O8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388065)

Chris Daddy Cool 11-30-2005 01:18 AM

As bad as it gets in O8

So I was playing live 4/8 omaha 8/b today and ive played all of like 4 hours live before but every time i've played i've had interesting experiences.

table was full of gamble gamble and about an hour into my session this hand came up.

I straddle UTG. crazy drunkard 3-bets me next up. some coldcalls (including a guy all in). the blinds come in. i look down at my hand and see A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and cap.

flop was 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and i think to myself "this is a pretty damn good flop" and it gets capped like 4 ways.

the turn was 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and it gets capped like 3 ways and i'm just eyeballing the huge stack of chips that the dealer has in two neat sections all the while thinking "no need for that, both halves are going to me!"

well the river was a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and that counterfeited my low but i felt i still at least had the half and it was capped 3 ways.

well you're not going to believe the showdown.

33xx takes the high.

A4xx takes the low.

and i get shut out of the pot.

the best part of the hand is the all in guy had 22xx in his hand, so i got perfect perfect one outed for both the high and the low.

and all i could do was laugh.

nolanfan34 11-30-2005 01:22 AM

Re: As bad as it gets in O8

Oh man, that is awesome. I had a good one like that at the 2+2 gathering where I got counterfeited, but yours is like 1000x better.

Take note people, Hold Em beats are played out. MORE OMAHA!

mlagoo 11-30-2005 01:30 AM

that is an intensely bad beat. hear hear.

Mason Hellmuth 11-30-2005 01:31 AM

Respeck!

TheWorstPlayer 11-30-2005 01:40 AM

Wow this is good. Make up some more good [censored], please.

Chris Daddy Cool 11-30-2005 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow this is good. Make up some more good [censored], please.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you being a sarcastic bastard?

TheWorstPlayer 11-30-2005 01:56 AM

Would I do that?

Chris Daddy Cool 11-30-2005 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

omgomgomg. i don't know! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

TheWorstPlayer 11-30-2005 02:02 AM