Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Anyone else feel the need to 'warm up' for poker? (LC) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387980)

Rizen 11-29-2005 11:05 PM

Anyone else feel the need to \'warm up\' for poker? (LC)

I've noticed since I came back from vacation especially that the first 20 minutes or so when I start to play each night is when I'm most vulnerable to spewing chips. Unfortunately it's about 10 minutes after my child goes to bed that all the tournaments I play in start (Party Super, Stars 150+12, 75k on Dise).

I guess my question is, does anyone else 'warm up' for poker, and if so do they do anything in particular? I've been on one hell of a run lately, but I can't help but think if I could hit the ground running with my 'A' game I'd be better off in the long run.

-Rizen

11-29-2005 11:11 PM

Re: Anyone else feel the need to \'warm up\' for poker? (LC)

Haha, well since you mention it, I just had my girlfriend help me 'clear my head' before the Super Tuesday, and ended up missing the first 20 minutes!

yvesaint 11-29-2005 11:12 PM

haha awesome! i have a girlfriend!! haha!

11-29-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, well since you mention it, I just had my girlfriend help me 'clear my head' before the Super Tuesday, and ended up missing the first 20 minutes!

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

familyteeth 11-29-2005 11:32 PM

that's just bragging,
I can only "miss" 7 minutes

11-29-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I have a chip on my shoulder and a penchant for being a [censored], haha!

JeanieJ 11-29-2005 11:35 PM

On a serious note,

My first serious year in poker I would do a little warm up SNG before playing. Real low buy in 5$-10$. Helped clear my mind and get me set for MTTs

ansky451 11-30-2005 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I have a chip on my shoulder and a penchant for being a [censored], haha!

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread is funny

Annulus 11-30-2005 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, us online players are multi-taskers, no need to miss any hands! Just lean back and keep your mouse hand free [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Maalox149 11-30-2005 03:19 AM

This thread is pretty hilarious, but to answer the question, yeah if i take some time off, i'll play super low limit for a while to get back into the swing. Also, reading super/system or the like gets my brain back to thinking good poker.