Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Turn continuation bet w a high (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387606)

pleyya 11-29-2005 01:31 PM

Turn continuation bet w a high

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Both these opponents are LPPish callingstation 50/10/1 types, however they seem to always bet when you show weakness. They will almost never bluff-raise turn.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks and folds.

This is my standard play...Do you ever fire a second barrel ? How about if the turn is another 8?

MrWookie47 11-29-2005 01:38 PM

Re: Turn continuation bet w a high

It depends a lot on the player. A lot of players, especially loose ones w/ stats similar to these, will peel any flop, especially paired flops, and give up on the turn. HU, I bet this every time. Three handed, I'd prefer to have a read that these guys are turn folders. You're also less likely to have the best hand 3 ways.

pleyya 11-29-2005 01:50 PM

I agree
Sometimes it seems that ppl starts to read you though when youve done this play at a table a couple of times and theyll use it. Headsup im better at mixing things up than 3 way. Maybe i should add the fold to turn bet stat in Pokerace........

deception5 11-29-2005 01:56 PM

I'm not really crazy about it. I think these guys peel the flop way too often and probably peel on this flop 90% of the time. I prefer to bet again and fold to any resistance because I think you have the best hand reasonably often.

11-29-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Both these opponents are LPPish callingstation 50/10/1 types, however they seem to always bet when you show weakness. They will almost never bluff-raise turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two statements contradict each other.

FWIW, I fire again at the turn. I think there's a fair chance we're in the lead. It sucks to be OOP with A-high tho. As such, I probably bet/fold this turn and check/call the river UI.

pleyya 11-29-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These two statements contradict each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree, i fairly often see ppl who bet when you check but wont bluff-raise you.

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I fire again at the turn. I think there's a fair chance we're in the lead. It sucks to be OOP with A-high tho. As such, I probably bet/fold this turn and check/call the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i also considered doing in the hand, but wasnt sure about

EvanJC 11-29-2005 02:57 PM

with this board i'm betting turn most all of the time i think. it might even be for straight up value here. i dunno.

Weatherhead03 11-29-2005 03:27 PM

If I have a read saying at least one of them will fold then I will bet the turn. I think you are ahead here a lot of the time. If they raise you its a fold.