Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KK - fold this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387565)

2planka 11-29-2005 12:12 PM

KK - fold this?

Apologies, don't have the HH on this machine.

PP 5/10. Villain is around 65/5. I have 700+ hands on him. My notes on him are: "calls down TPNK, pays off. ~CS. unbluffable."

I had been at the table for about an hour, pushing it from the button quite a bit, and rarely meeting resistance. He's probably looking for a pick off, but I think this guy would wait for a real hand to snap me off.

Preflop
Hero is Button with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB(Villain) 3-bets, Hero caps, Villain calls.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero?

Way ahead/way behind, or am I seeing monsters?

jt1 11-29-2005 12:15 PM

Re: KK - fold this?

your wise to consider folding but one extra benifit of calling down is being able to show you KK.

Also, i get told time and time again that even the most passive players do weird things in a blind battle.

11-29-2005 12:24 PM

I guess there's an off-chance he has QQ-TT, but it seems very slim. The check-raise smells funky though. Why wouldn't an ace just bet out? The curiousity would kill me.

irishpint 11-29-2005 12:32 PM

call down, i never fold a PP heads up unless i see the other dudes cards

Cancuk 11-29-2005 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a leak.

I would say this is a +EV fold, and if you wanted to get to showdown, three bet the flop, check behind, call a river bet. fold to anymore aggression.

11-29-2005 12:50 PM

Maybe consider checking behind on the flop. Imo its WA/WB from the start.

irishpint 11-29-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a leak.

I think it's +EV to fold this, but it's very player dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope it's not a leak. in this instance folding might be a good option considing he 3bet us and c/r the A high flop. However I'd do the same with a bunch of hands that dont have an A. If we had 88 and the board had a 9 are you folding?

irishpint 11-29-2005 12:52 PM

i suppose this could be one of those limit things. at .50/1 or 1/2 a flop c/r equals=big ace. at 3/6 and up (and this at 5/10) the c/r doesn't mean much to me since I think a scarier line would be c/c, c/r turn, then we're screwed.

Koss 11-29-2005 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a leak.

I think it's +EV to fold this, but it's very player dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope it's not a leak. in this instance folding might be a good option considing he 3bet us and c/r the A high flop. However I'd do the same with a bunch of hands that dont have an A. If we had 88 and the board had a 9 are you folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because many more hands that 3-bet us pre-flop have Aces in them as opposed to nines.

I agree this is WA/WB from the start. Check behind on the flop.

jba 11-29-2005 12:53 PM

what does ~CS mean?

fwiw I call down here getting 3-1 or so