Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Bubble: Who makes this call? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387401)

Scuba Chuck 11-29-2005 03:22 AM

Bubble: Who makes this call?

$22. Someone was pushing every hand. Never had a steal opp. I got in this position when my AK was called by 99. In this hand, pfr is the 99 guy - if that factors into your decision at all. My guess is he has any pair, or a strong ace (considering his position).

1.82:1 on this call.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t2960)
SB (t2245)
Hero (t810)
UTG (t1985)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1985 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero ...

fluorescenthippo 11-29-2005 03:37 AM

Re: Bubble: Who makes this call?

not me

bluef0x 11-29-2005 03:44 AM

That'd be a horrible call?

Even if he's pushing any two SNGPT says fold.

eejit 11-29-2005 03:45 AM

Even against any two I'd fold this, ready to push any two on the next hand.

Jman28 11-29-2005 03:48 AM

Clear fold I think. right?

Scuba Chuck 11-29-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even against any two I'd fold this, ready to push any two on the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Do you not read the posts? It is not likely I'll get to push the next hand. Erego, the first chance I will have to push I will have 510 chips, so any BB caller, will have 300% more chips than me, and have 2.6:1 pot odds to call me. So pushing any two cards on my next chance is just flat not thinking.

I'm not trying to advocate that a call here is great/correct. And I'm still not completely sure how I feel about it. But I need to double twice, or hope some other clash happens in order for me to climb back into this.

bluef0x 11-29-2005 03:59 AM

Next hand you might have something better than 10-2- call that then.

If not- push the next

No way I'm calling with T2o here.

kong98 11-29-2005 04:17 AM

I like a call here. My gut feels it is probably less -EV to call here than it is to wait for another hand. You pretty much have to gamble at this point.

Gramps 11-29-2005 04:20 AM

Don't panic yet - you're probably 30% at best to win with T2o here (doubt it's a "random hand" or anything close from pusher). You're going to have to win a showdown in all likeliehood, but there's absolutely no way that you should choose to try and do it here.

You're much better off folding, and calling a push blind on the next hand (and if you win that from an UTG push/button push, you'll have 1420 chips - 7 BB). If you have shat in your SB and have to win a showdown in your button, UTG, or waiting til the BB, you'll have enough chips for FE. I think I'd rather fold all the way to my BB and make a stand blind there than call with T2o here.

Yes, you're not in the best of situations. But, rather than taking this ~30% situation, why not just take the best of the next 4 hands (making an assesment at each point whether on average this will be the best place to make a stand).

bluef0x 11-29-2005 04:20 AM

T2o is a sub-50% hand.. which is all I can think of to argue for waiting till next hand. You're gonna have to gamble- but I feel gambling here is pretty bad.