Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   How do VIP offers effect Affliates? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386918)

CardSharpCook 11-28-2005 04:20 PM

How do VIP offers effect Affliates?

Anyone know?

Sniper 11-28-2005 04:34 PM

Re: How do VIP offers effect Affliates?

Any payments made to you are subtracted from your MGR.

11-28-2005 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]So you are saying that if I get 25% rakeback plus a VIP payment, I will be getting a total of over 35% back (if I am getting 10% from VIP)? Or are affiliates adjusting for this?

augie00 11-28-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]So you are saying that if I get 25% rakeback plus a VIP payment, I will be getting a total of over 35% back (if I am getting 10% from VIP)? Or are affiliates adjusting for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Example: You generate $3k in MGR. Your VIP payment is $600. Your rakeback deal is 25%. You get 25% $2400.

11-28-2005 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Example: You generate $3k in MGR. Your VIP payment is $600. Your rakeback deal is 25%. You get 25% $2400.

[/ QUOTE ]That's a pretty good deal then, because I'd be getting: 1200 = 40% of gross MGR or 50% of the net MGR in your example. Are affiliates aware of the VIP payment amount? If so, I would think they would not want to be giving up so much. Some might even lose money, no?

StacysMom 11-29-2005 01:30 AM

I assume it works like any other PP bonus, deducting from MGR. I doubt affiliates are upset with the VIP program. If its +EV for PP, its likely +EV for us. It gives players more incentive to play, which increases affiliate revenue.

11-29-2005 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume it works like any other PP bonus, deducting from MGR. I doubt affiliates are upset with the VIP program. If its +EV for PP, its likely +EV for us. It gives players more incentive to play, which increases affiliate revenue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see how it can business as usual for the affiliate when the player can get as much as 35% or more and the affiliate could possibly be losing money.

emonrad87 11-29-2005 07:27 AM

The affiliate is not losing money. They just arent making as much as they would have had the VIP program not existed and the player still played the same amount of hands.

augie00 11-29-2005 03:41 PM

If your VIP bonus is $1250 you generate MUCH more than $3k in mgr

11-30-2005 11:40 AM

The affiliate cannot lose money from VIP, as the amount of cash paid will always be lower than the MGR.

They may not make as much as before, but they cannot lose any money.

They can, however, lose money with people who signup and stop playing as soon as they clear the initial bonus. In that case, the bonus paid might be higher than the player's MGR and the negative amount would hit the affiliate.