Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A juicy table has a VPIP of: (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386058)

Borknagar 11-27-2005 09:12 AM

A juicy table has a VPIP of:

60%? 65? More? If you use VPIP of tables when choosing a game to play in, what would the minimum VPIP have to be for you to sit in?

11-27-2005 09:45 AM

Re: A juicy table has a VPIP of:

i've rarely seen opponents above that, much less whole tables. 40 is very good.

Spartan1983 11-27-2005 11:34 AM

If you find a table with a vpip of over 60, get ready for a wild ride. Lots of big pots and bad beats. You should be able to hit some big pots and make some good $$ if the table stays together long enough. I think tables over 40 vpip have good possibilities usually.

11-27-2005 11:38 AM

Im happy if I can get 2 guys with vip 40+. If there is only one I want him on my right.

11-27-2005 12:02 PM

i had an 88 guy earlier, he actually broke even i think too, most people were just scared of him.

bnorthro 11-27-2005 12:12 PM

At the pokerroom skins I regularly play against a table full of 40+ players ($2/4). Sometimes the whole table will be above 60%. It's not uncommon to get a few 85% players thrown in.

Like the above poster said, it's a rough ride. Forget bluffing and start value betting like crazy. It's real easy to lose or win your whole buy-in within a half hour or so. It's rough mentally, but it can be very rewarding.

I just checked my PokerTracker, and for PokerRoom and skins, the average VPIP is ~41% with a net BB/100 of -4.65. These are for 5/max tables.

11-27-2005 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the pokerroom skins I regularly play against a table full of 40+ players ($2/4). Sometimes the whole table will be above 60%. It's not uncommon to get a few 85% players thrown in.

Like the above poster said, it's a rough ride. Forget bluffing and start value betting like crazy. It's real easy to lose or win your whole buy-in within a half hour or so. It's rough mentally, but it can be very rewarding.

I just checked my PokerTracker, and for PokerRoom and skins, the average VPIP is ~41% with a net BB/100 of -4.65. These are for 5/max tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
how do you check average vip? edit I found it. Im at 37%.

xLukex 11-27-2005 12:29 PM

At 6 max tables it makes no difference to me as long as it isn't below 25%. All I want is 2 fish to pick on. I could care less if there is another TAG to take the average down.

obsidian 11-27-2005 01:22 PM

Yea, I agree here. Table VPIP isn't as much as a concern as if there are fish and where they are relative to me.

POKhER 11-27-2005 01:37 PM

Table VPIP means feck all, Give me a fish to my right and i'm happy. Aslong as he dont feck off 5hands in or after i post the blinds... Grrrr.

Same with guys who post hands "loose passive table" means feck all if you've got a tag that your playing HU and dont realise it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]