Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   This one got out of hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385906)

11-26-2005 11:56 PM

This one got out of hand

I was pretty sure I flopped the best hand until the action got crazy then I was pushed into my hole of passivity. I'd been kind of card dead at this table and really hadn't gone to showdown much.

BB was a total fish 70/4/.3

CO was laggy 30/14/3 (my notes were bluff-raised a turn donk bet and showed queen high)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
4 folds</font>, CO (poster) raises</font>, 1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, BB raises</font>, CO 3-bets</font>, Hero caps</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

hemstock 11-27-2005 12:04 AM

Re: This one got out of hand

I don't like the flop cap. Guy raised preflop and he's 3-betting the flop after 2 players bet and raised in front of him. Give him some credit. Looks like BB hit his flush card. I think you are gonna end up having the third best hand very often here.

McGahee 11-27-2005 12:07 AM

3-bet PF
Why did you cap the flop?
I don't know what I think about the turn.
I think I like the river.

Aaron W. 11-27-2005 12:43 AM

You really should have 3-bet preflop to get rid of BB.

But since you didn't, you really should have check-raised the flop (in this case, check-3-betting preflop against the LAG). If you get capped, you've got some tough choices ahead.

11-27-2005 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You really should have 3-bet preflop to get rid of BB.

But since you didn't, you really should have check-raised the flop (in this case, check-3-betting preflop against the LAG). If you get capped, you've got some tough choices ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to three bet preflop against a likely lag steal attempt because it makes the pot too big. Bloating the pot preflop with non premium, but likely best hands, plays into aggresive players favor. When I'm OOP I want to give the lags a chance to make mistakes against me when the pot is smaller.

Although three betting to eliminate the BB is a valid reason to do so I still favor the flat call for the reasons I've already mentioned.

I capped the flop to keep the lead and gain a better feel for were I'm at with my turn lead. I think I could have let go if I got raised on the turn because any 6 would almost certainly raise with the flush draw out there.

River was a no brainer to me.

bottomset 11-27-2005 03:37 AM

CO is raising any2cards here

you really need to 3bet

and getting it HU is very big, giving 5/1 odds isn't good, also its harder to play the hand 3handed with a very loose player inbetween you and the lag

SCfuji 11-27-2005 03:39 AM

isolate a 70vpip? i dont like our chances!

i prefer calling pf and agree with isolating with a flop check raise. if bb bets and co raises i dont mind cold calling here and seeing if bb 3 bets. if bb does indeed 3 bet and lag 4 bets i fold. if bb just calls i re-evaluate on the turn.

SCfuji 11-27-2005 03:40 AM

if the bb werent a 70vpip and more like the hi 20s low 30s range i like a 3 bet pf. i dont care if it bloats the pot. im not going to fold.

Aaron W. 11-27-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
isolate a 70vpip? i dont like our chances!

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think a 70 VPIP calls a raise and re-raise from the big blind?