Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   straight o 4 flush board (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385538)

bosoxfan 11-26-2005 11:29 AM

straight o 4 flush board

Table has been kind of passive. I have no idea what to do when checked to on the river. Is this Clark's bet and fold to a raise or just take the free showdown?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
UTG checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, hero?

11-26-2005 11:56 AM

Re: straight o 4 flush board

I'd check the river. Its already a good size pot to take down for free.

From what I see a bet on the river will do one of two things.
1)If they made there flush you're gonna get chk raised (bad for you)
2)If they were drawing to something other than a flush then they are going to fold anyway (bad for you)

So basically the only hand that calls is gonna be the one that beats you.

FlopMe 11-26-2005 12:20 PM

I would value bet here. There are plenty of hands that will call you, for example, a calling station with an ace. There's also a small chance someone holding a small diamond will fold. I'm folding to a check-raise.

bozlax 11-26-2005 12:32 PM

Clarkmeister's, iirc, requires that you be OOP and HU...neither of which is true in this hand. Check behind, there are plenty of hands that you beat that will c/r you, here, including aces up and lower straights, so betting and folding runs the risk of folding the best hand, betting and calling runs the risk of losing the most when behind.

Now the flop, otoh, needs to be raised. You've got 2 opponents, and need to get your value in with your nut OESD. That also gets your FE up, so when you bet the turn the player with the weak one-card flush draw might dump.

FlopMe 11-26-2005 12:44 PM

I disagree. Passive players won't check-raise you here unless you're beat. They check-call like usual.