Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Put this villian on a hand and tell me what to do (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385034)

11-25-2005 12:46 PM

Put this villian on a hand and tell me what to do

Villian is 25/7/1.6 and has not gotten out of line much. I only have 120 hands on him though. My image is solid.

Party Poker 50/100 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises ...

MarkL444 11-25-2005 12:48 PM

Re: Put this villian on a hand and tell me what to do

why are you betting the turn or river?

11-25-2005 12:48 PM

After getting called twice on the flop I check call one on the turn and bet call the river. As played, fold the river.

11-25-2005 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you betting the turn or river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn: semi-bluff, want one of my opponents to fold, put pressure on the flush draws, etc. I weighed check calling and figured I was not likely to get raised because they would fear AA or KK, so betting was superior. So then I got raised of course.

River: Um, I hit my ace and I probably have the best hand.

SB was 17-10, btw, so I didn't figure him for a big hand and I am pretty sure he would have bet if he'd hit the flop.

lil feller 11-25-2005 03:24 PM

his preflop limp makes it tough, really tough. My best guess would be a6s or 56s. Either way you're toast, fold the river. I'm also pretty sure I fold to the turn raise after the SB calls 2 cold. He's either got a monster, or has a bunch of your outs locked up with spades, and it certainly seems that you're drawing on the turn.

lf

wheeler 11-25-2005 04:10 PM

Since you only ever post hands where you won, it's quite clear that you should reraise.

11-25-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you only ever post hands where you won, it's quite clear that you should reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned.

SLEEPER 11-25-2005 06:15 PM

Assuming the cutoff is reasonable and the table is not extremely loose, I would think that a hand like 56 suited would not be played in this position for its odds potential. Personally, I would raise with a hand like this from this position.... I guess maybe A6 suited is playable.... but I think our opp probably has a hand like AJ or J10.... It is tough to tell unless I know how the table is playing.....

My guess would be AJ..... I don't think he would limp with a 6, and I am pretty sure he knows that his J10 would be losing to any ace....

Given the texture of the board, I would not be putting in any raises on the river with AK....

11-26-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost this hand.

mc1023 11-26-2005 02:00 PM

villain doesn't get out of line much and your representing an overpair with your preflop to turn line and he is showing no fear, I would check/call or bet/fold this river.

I figure villain has something like AJ,AT since he doesn't raise much preflop, but then again A6,67,69 kind of hands are very possible since he's pretty loose.