Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AQo OOP aganist Rock and Fish. Aggressive Bluff or Chip Spewing? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384073)

AlphaMeridian 11-23-2005 03:25 PM

AQo OOP aganist Rock and Fish. Aggressive Bluff or Chip Spewing?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO is fish (50/4/.32). Button is a rock (10/9/.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Standard, or I most definately hope this is standard.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Plan here primarily revolved about the button. I'm thinking if he has overcards, he will call the C/R, and if he has a higherish pocket pair, he'll 3 bet and I'll fold (as my queen outs may or may not be live) Opinions?

-Alpha

MrWookie47 11-23-2005 03:27 PM

Re: AQo OOP aganist Rock and Fish. Aggressive Bluff or Chip Spewing?

Your A outs may not be live, either. There's virtually nothing of his you're folding with your c/r, and you're behind virtually all of it. I fold this flop.

jrz1972 11-23-2005 03:28 PM

I vote for "chip spewing."

AlphaMeridian 11-23-2005 03:31 PM

I can definately see that, even though it seems weak/tight to me. Well, more like I'm typically weak/tight, and this was an attempt to try to get more aggressive. Looks like I picked the wrong spot. :/

-Alpha

numeri 11-23-2005 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can definately see that, even though it seems weak/tight to me. Well, more like I'm typically weak/tight, and this was an attempt to try to get more aggressive. Looks like I picked the wrong spot. :/

[/ QUOTE ]
A better place to be more aggressive would be with an actual made hand or strong draw, not whiffed overcards after being 3-bet preflop by a rock! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

11-23-2005 03:33 PM

If you have a read that he'll play it that way, maybe. But the way he played this he could have AA-JJ, AK and AQ. Remember a rock is tight AND passive. You're behind everything but the AQ.

Against a rock in this situation where the flop totally missed me, I'd just fold if pot is small, and call if pot is large. Reevaluate on the turn. You need a better hand that ace high to continue against a rock.

milesdyson 11-23-2005 03:35 PM

funny how when there's a choice in the thread title, it's almost always unnecessary to even read the thread before answering.

question: "river play - value bet or check through?"
answer: value bet

question: "good bluff, or chip spewing?"
answer: chip spewing

question: "slowplay, or go to war?"
answer: war

MrWookie47 11-23-2005 03:52 PM

Heh, yeah, those are the big three. nh.