Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Those Little Stars Under People's Names (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383901)

The Dude 11-23-2005 07:08 AM

Those Little Stars Under People\'s Names

I had thought that they were markers for a "three strikes, you're out" approach to banning people. But then I saw three stars below somebody's name today. Is he now banned, or am I missing something?

(Please forgive an infrequent OOTer his ignorance.)

GoblinMason (Craig) 11-23-2005 08:19 AM

Re: Those Little Stars Under People\'s Names

Careful...posts like this might earn you a star from the powers that be... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, whats up w/the stars?

MelK 11-23-2005 08:23 AM

I think the bigger issue is knowing how to change our user names. I mean, you'd think they would have a temporary sticky or something for that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

captZEEbo1 11-23-2005 12:54 PM

someone should sticky a thread explaining stars or link it in an faq or something

astroglide 11-23-2005 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone should sticky a thread explaining stars or link it in an faq or something

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i will

if you get three of them, you are banned

TheMainEvent 11-23-2005 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i will

if you get three of them, you are banned

[/ QUOTE ]

From OOT, or from 2+2? I thought I saw people with 3 stars making new posts in other forums.

astroglide 11-23-2005 01:16 PM

i ban people entirely. there's no 'ban from oot' option.

diebitter 11-23-2005 01:19 PM

you don't do the 'voluntary exile from OOT as long as you stick to other forums only' thing?

Didn't know that.

astroglide 11-23-2005 01:26 PM

only in exceptional circumstances where somebody has a clear and welcome presence in other forums, but seriously sucks at oot. i think i've done it once.

i consider how long a person has been a member, how many posts they have, and most importantly look at their previous posts to help determine what's appropriate.

TheMainEvent 11-23-2005 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
only in exceptional circumstances where somebody has a clear and welcome presence in other forums, but seriously sucks at oot. i think i've done it once.

i consider how long a person has been a member, how many posts they have, and most importantly look at their previous posts to help determine what's appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy?