Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   C/r from the bring-in (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383355)

TheSalche 11-22-2005 02:08 PM

C/r from the bring-in

This is a play I've been trying to do against possible ante-steal, check raising when I hit a pair bigger than my opponent's upcard. Results were weird on this one, but regardless, thoughts?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises

5th Street

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

mscags 11-22-2005 02:18 PM

Re: C/r from the bring-in

I like it all but I would probably check sixth behind.

BeerMoney 11-22-2005 03:31 PM

Definitely check 6th.

PoorLawyer 11-22-2005 04:22 PM

I would take the free card on 6th but im sure some will disagree here

11-22-2005 06:12 PM

Nice check raise on 4th, but you are behind on 6th, so take his free gift. He aint gonna fold 6th if you bet and you are an underdog there at that point.

jon_1van 11-22-2005 06:14 PM

Obviously, if the BI check/raises you he has nothing and you should call down no matter what. Espically if the BI just paired his door card. Then you show him that you "know" he has crap...Call him down

Oh Wait. This doesn't apply to this hand at all.

TheSalche 11-22-2005 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, if the BI check/raises you he has nothing and you should call down no matter what. Espically if the BI just paired his door card. Then you show him that you "know" he has crap...Call him down

Oh Wait. This doesn't apply to this hand at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell have you been smoking

jon_1van 11-22-2005 08:43 PM

sorry...it was a joke intended for very few people

Andy B 11-23-2005 03:25 AM

Folding third probably wouldn't be a terrible idea. Other than that, has anyone mentioned that you should have taken the free card on sixth?

TheSalche 11-23-2005 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding third probably wouldn't be a terrible idea. Other than that, has anyone mentioned that you should have taken the free card on sixth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two live overs + fairly live two flush I think makes it a decent (but questionable 3rd call)

And yes, I've heard rumors that I should've checked 6th.