Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Two Plus Two mentioned in All In Magazine (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383243)

BoogerFace 11-22-2005 10:11 AM

Two Plus Two mentioned in All In Magazine

Oddly enough under the favorite pro blogs section, this post by DS gets quoted.

It's good that there's no such thing as bad press. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

TomHimself 11-22-2005 03:39 PM

Re: Two Plus Two mentioned in All In Magazine

lol, thats very funny

tek 11-22-2005 06:21 PM

Except just as poker is getting mainstream attention and a better image, THAT post of DS's cannot help... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

lighterjobs 11-22-2005 07:10 PM

is this in the actual magazine or on a website?

11-22-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Except just as poker is getting mainstream attention and a better image, THAT post of DS's cannot help... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem I see is that a lot of DS's non-poker posts have more depth and thought than a casual reader picks up on.

I'm not a philosopher or great mind. I don't claim to understand DS's thinking processes. But, after a few reads, I frequently see what he's doing. He's done his analysis of a subject and thrown it out for consideration.

I've imagined him sitting somewhere (a lofty perch?) watching the reactions to whatever he's posted. I think he gets a kick out of the replies.

I've noticed he frequently tosses "meat to the animals" and goes off, never to post in that thread again. Or maybe I just missed his reply.

OK, I just realized I'm beginning to sound like a DS suck-up. WRONG! Don't really care about his opinion of me. Back to your post...

It just might be a negative. But not toward poker or gamblers in general. It'll sure get a lot of folks wondering about him, though!

tek 11-23-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is this in the actual magazine or on a website?

[/ QUOTE ]

The actual magazine. Page 21.

PairTheBoard 11-23-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough under the favorite pro blogs section, this post by DS gets quoted.

It's good that there's no such thing as bad press. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they quote the whole post? I see David gives me a mention in it. "There's the reason they give and then there's the real reason".

PairTheBoard

11-23-2005 02:15 AM

My dad sent me a cut out article (from SI?) about online poker. Of course, he doesn;t like me playing, so he sent it to make me feel bad. It mentioned 2+2 in there too, as well as an interview with some kid 4 tabling the 5-10 tables at party

Edit: since the kid read 2+2 (at least the article said so) I'm wondering if he is here now? anyone get interviewed for a magazine?

MCS 11-23-2005 03:09 AM

Yes, he was a well-known and respected poster before the article came out.

11-23-2005 03:44 AM

I'm gonna ask the obvious....who?